1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ Digi Box Problems

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by MikeNolan, Jul 10, 2005.

1. MikeNolan

Novice Member

Nov 28, 2004
    Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    I know this is not the Digi Box site but replies to my problems under there have been exremely limited.

I have a new Pace Sky+ box (3 months old)- my first Amstrad locked up after 3 months. Apart from the noisy fan, the loss of disk space, and recordings made without requesting (see previous posting), a new problem arose tonight. I had recorded 2 programmes a while back which showed in the planner. It even showed the 6% space taken for each of these recordings. Then tonight, I sat down to watch the first one. Selected it, pressed play, and nothing happened. Pressed the Info button, and low and behold, the % was now ZERO. Did a defrag/rebuild, went back to the planner, and was informed that both these recordings had failed. This sounds like a problem hard disk to me. I know you can reset the hard disk, but should you have to? There seems to be too many postings about failed recordings, drive's locking up, missing disk space etc. OK so the pic quality is better than VHS, but I've never had problems (nor I guess other users) like these. Is it because the whole system is in its infancy or what.