1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Digi Box Need s Rebooting

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Alex2x, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Alex2x

Alex2x
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi every day or every second day I have to reboot my box because it crashes all the time its a pain. also when i'm scrolling throught the channels its like dead slow and stop and somtimes even jumps pages I don't even press, does anyone have any idea whats causeing this.

Thanks Alex

2. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What make and model do you have?

3. Alex2x

Alex2x
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Its an Amstrad DRX 100

4. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yep, same thing happened to our cr@ppy amstrad box - it eventually packed in altogether and wouldn't respond to anything.

Got a Panasonic from a friend - works gr8

Gary

5. Alex2x

Alex2x
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    lol glad to here you solved the prob looks like i might have to change mine too.

6. Judders

Judders
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Pace SKy+ box that also crashes/freezes every day. I called Sky yesterday (after suffering in silence for a few months) and got the response I expected - a clearly scripted, useless reply about how they are constantly looking to improve the reliability of the service blah blah....

Useless bunch of :censored:'s! :mad:

7. nealgs

nealgs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    we had a load of problems with our Amstrad box - locking/freeze-up/crashes pretty much every day and atleast 3 or 4 times each day it did occur.

Contact Sky a few times, not interested, when their Customer services people called asking how services was etc, told them about box issues, seemed to get rid of them quickly that did :)

You'll probably find you will need to replace it shortly - which is a good thing, never did like our Amstrad box.

Panny looks better too

Gary

8. garbon

garbon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Pace box (one of the first embryo's) don't have sky sub now but use it for free to air, it has always had a constant problem in that it switches itself off. can happen any time and be fine for weeks but then do it two days in a row. I have done numerous manual software updates and hard restarts still does it, have got use to it now, I just go make a cupa and come back and switch it on.