1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky Digi-Box Keeps Switching Itself Off?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by wokeye, Jul 25, 2005.

1. wokeye

wokeye

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +47
    My ancient Sky digi-box (think it is a Pace 2200, not entirely sure) that I got when Sky digital first came out keeps on switching itself off for no reason. It has actually always done this but not as common as now. And to switch the stupid thing back on you have to press the either the power on or the TV guide button several times, it is so quirky :rolleyes: Always has been since new, plus it is very slow at displaying menus etc. Sometimes it also loses it's signal, although I recently fitted a new LNB (a bit of a cheap one). Surely the signal loss does not cause these things to switch off? Anyway I am fed up of this ancient piece of junk, so I was wondering what are the best makes to replace it with? Is there anyway I could get it off SKY somehow, or some other deal? As I have subscribed to them for quite a while (only because of football as the rest is a pile of turd). Or maybe I should just go freeview, although I am not sure that I can get it where I live as the reception is crap which is one of the reasons that I got SKY in the first place. Although I am getting fed up of the rip off prices of SKY and should maybe do without football. Any ideas please, box manufacturer recommendations etc please
    :lease:

2. El_JimBob

El_JimBob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    That sounds like a Pace 2200 - I have one too, stupid black box.
    My parents have the luxury of a nippy, fault-free silver sky box downstairs - i'll check the manufacturer for u.