Sky+ Diallout

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by eglons, Jan 16, 2005.

1. eglons

eglons
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I'm seeing the green light for the telephone popping up more and more on ny Sky+ box. I've no idea what it's doing, but today my father told me we'd been engaged for 15 minutes (and we weren't using the phone so it must have been the Sky+ box)... I don't want my phone tied up and I don't want to pay for any calls... any one any info on this ?

2. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Dialling out shouldn't take more than a few minutes. Check the phone line from the Service Menu. You might have a faulty phone lead or Sky box.

3. eglons

eglons
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I rang Sky and they said it wasn't them! and if I wanted to disconnect the phone that wasn't a problem.

I did this and the box still tries to dial out !!... have I got a poltergeist!

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Is there any PPV on your smartcard?
    If so the box will try to contact SKY to pass the info on, apart from that there shouldn't be any reason why the box should initiate a call itself.

That aside the box would be making a freephone call IF it was contacting SKY and there wasn't any dubious prefixes entered into the SKY+:)

I don't think you have anything to worry about unless the LED is annoying.

5. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It sounds as if the modem has gone. If you want to use the interactive or book PPV you will have to replace your Sky+. If not, and Sky have said you don't need to stay connected, just leave it unplugged from the phone socket.