• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky delay via amp

sv1984

Standard Member
hi guys

Let me go over my setup

TV - LG 55UF860V
Sky+ HD
Amp - Yamaha RX-A1050

My sky is connected to the amp input
TV HDMI2 (arc) to Amp output

I have a cable going from sky to my upstairs bedroom for sky multiroom

I have few issues, when my amp is turned off, i can still view sky? is this possible? but works for me - not major issue for me

My main issue is, my multi room upstairs, has severe lag when i press any sky buttons, whether its rewind, forward, go to planner, change channels anything, i can wait sometimes 5-10 seconds for my TV to change channel or action any input i do on remote.

Initially i thought it was my sky box, or cable but ive replaced all and same thing.

What i did yesterday was from my amp, i unplugged the TV to HDMI output in amp cable and it worked perfectly fine. Sky was still connected to the amp, So there is something between the TV and Amp connection thats doing this, any ideas what it can be?

grahamlthompson

In memoriam
Most likely HDMI radiating interference into poorly screened rf coax cables. Seperate HDMI and coax interconnects as far as possible and replace coax interconnects with double screened satellite grade cable like WF100. You could also try a different HDMI cable, strangely cheaper cables often are less susceptible to this issue. Modern AV receivers often have a setting that passes one hdmi input to the output when the receiver is in sby, which I guess is the one that your Sky box is connected to.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom