Sky+ Daisy Chain

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by bluetone, Sep 17, 2001.

1. bluetone

bluetone
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone enlighten me as to how the outputs on the new Sky+ box works?

I have a JVC S-VHS VCR and on our normal sky box, we connect the receivers video out to the VCR's video in and then connect the VCR to the TV.

Thing is, when i want to archive whats on the Sky+ hard drive to my VCR, does that mean i won't be able to view whats on Sky at the time because theres only one scart coming from the Sky+ box to the VCR.

My tv only has two scarts and one of them is occupied with a DVD, so daisy chaining the vcr and Sky+ is necessary.

thanks for any help you can give.

2. Jon Baker

Jon Baker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Basically the two scarts work as before. To get an S-VHS connection to your videoe you must plug into the 5 pin S-VHS socket on the + box and use the audio phonos to furnish the sound to the video.<br />I don't loop the DVD through the digibox, but use a fully wired scart switch box which is less than £20 from <a href="http://www.lektropacks.co.uk" target="_blank">www.lektropacks.co.uk</a> (get the scart data switch box in cream as the fancy black ones aren't fully wired).

3. Jon Baker

Jon Baker
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    PS

The sky+ manual talks about archiving at night, so I presume that you lose our record functionality while archiving is being performed.