SKY+ Customer Services/Failed Recordings

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Starburst, Nov 1, 2001.

1. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I had 5 failed recordings lastnight so i rang CS and asked about that state of the SKY+ software.

I was told there was nothing wrong with it and I was the "ONLY" subscriber that had reported this problem.
    He told me to test the recording system and it worked ok so he said since it was working now there was nothing he could do.
    After resisting the urge to call him in ignorant, incompetent liar I gave in and just called him a liar and he hung-up:)

2. VintageMark

VintageMark
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem last week... after checking the Sky+ signal menu I found the 2nd signal strength showing as 0...

Called Tech support who tried several things... then we discovered a hard reset fixed the problem... but only for an hour!

Every time a hard reset fixed the 2nd signal... but only for an hour... so I called them back... and to be fair they didnt put up a fight... just organised an engineer...

The Engineer swapped the Sky+ box as a precaution and checked the dish allignment...

Everything has been fine since....

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Swapping the boxes is the eternal cure all from overheating to noisey hard drives and every software fault ever reported since the first introduction of the PP software:)
    Well I'm trying a different LNB output into the box and see how that's goes. To be honest it's only the second time in seven weeks it's happended and strangely enough the faults were exactly 7 days apart.
    Not enough to get worried about but I thought it was worth bringing to SKY's attention if it was indeed a software fault, it was then of course I got the hard line response from CS :)