• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky Customer Service!!

fidzer

Standard Member
My god , where do I start?
Phoned up Sky to cancel my subscription(the full package) and was greeted by a Scottish bloke called Barry. I'm Scottish as well so no prejudice intended.
Was as why did I want to cancel Sky and told him because I was going to go down the freesat route.
This was met by the comment "strange".
Was asked why I wanted to go to freesat and told him that I wanted to reduce my outgoings but as I had just purchased a new HDTV would also like to experience some hd content as well.
This was also met by the comment "strange" .
I was then told that "I will be the last person you talk to today regarding this" before he asked how much is my freesat going to cost and who is going to install it?
Told him that I will install it myself as I have sky+ and it will just be a case of swapping it out . He then said "so you're going to be using sky equipment then?" to which I replied yes!
He then said that someone will have to come and install a new dish so that I can get a signal , to which I told him that freesat is provided by the astra satellite.
He then launched into a tirade of how poor the channel availability was on freesat , that only two hd channels were available and had I ever experienced HD football or tennis beacause that is what he enjoys !
Was then told that as I had been a sky customer for over 10 years ( closer to 15 actually) that I would miss it terribly and wish I had never went to freesat.
He then told me that I was wasting my own money and repeated it quite a few times, which irked me the most probably.
Then continued on to say that my acount is now in the cancellation period, so no offers can be applied now and if I come back to sky I will have to pay for everything upfront again.
Thorughout the whole period of the conversation his attitude was exceptionally condacending to the point of being arrogant.
Was asked at the end, " was there anything that sky could have done for you today" to which I replied " try being nicer"
See ya SKY.

Starburst

Distinguished Member
A pretty good example of why SKY CS needs to improve. There are many ways the same information some of which was valid but some total :censored: could have been relayed without annoying the customer which may actually help retain goodwill and a return to the fold at a later date.

Interesting first post though:)

fidzer

Standard Member
Interesting first post though:)

Thanks, have actually been hanging round the forums for a while now but never felt the need to say anything.
One other thing the guy came away with when I said that I was trying to reduce my monthly outgoings, currently at £46 or £47 , cant remember exactly how much I've been paying to sky for years and years, was that at the end of the day it came down to what I enjoy the most.
So does he mean do I want to enjoy living within my means and provide for my family a little bit better, or cut back on other things so that I can enjoy my full fat Sky package?
Think I know which one he meant!
If he had been prepared to offer a deal I would more than likely have taken it , but I got the impression that he thought that this was why I was phoning , re the " I will be the last person you talk to today regarding this" statement and was all to quick to cancel my contract,
Got the impression he was in a bit of a huff to be honest!

snagglemousse

Standard Member
Then continued on to say that my acount is now in the cancellation period, so no offers can be applied now and if I come back to sky I will have to pay for everything upfront again.

Thats a bunch of gonads (amongst a much bigger bunch!!).

I tried to call their bluff in October to get a cheap HD box by cancelling and trying to complain. When that didnt pay off I phoned them back and cancelled the cancellation and ordered a discounted HD box (although not as cheap as I wanted).

They are useless at CS.

fidzer

Standard Member
Have seen now that there is a probable offer of sky+hd boxs going to £49 next month.
Would have maybe made more sense for him to say that I have about 3 weeks of viewing left before my viewing expires, hang on for a bit then get a sky+hd box for £49, reduce your viewing package to what you see fit and we'll nicely lock you into another 12 month package!
But that might have been too much in the way of customer service.:rolleyes:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom