1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+ crashing

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by stevenmcg, Apr 19, 2002.

1. stevenmcg

stevenmcg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have experimented taking the hard drive out of my system and replacing it before attempting to upgrade it with a larger drive, without any problems.

However, I've tried it again and also hooked it up to my PC to look at the contents of the disc. I was careful not to try to open any of the files or to modify them in any way. Unfortunately, with the drive back in Sky+ any attempts to access one of my pre-recorded programmes result in the system freezing and I have to pull the power lead and restart.

Have I inadvertently corrupted the file for this programme?

Any solutions would be gratefully received.

Steve.

2. pfpetley

pfpetley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I do know you cant read the files on a pc. Your best bet is trying digitalspy.co.uk lots of people who's upgraded their sky + and tivos, just do a search and have a look.

Peter

3. stevenmcg

stevenmcg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks,

but I did post this question on digital spy forums/personal video recorders. The only reply that I have had advised me to use "housekeepng" to format the disc. This I don't want to do as the programme that is causing the problem is the last episode of a series that I want to watch!

I've also read through the rest of the relevant threads and this particular problem is not referred to.

Steve.

4. MarkTaylor

MarkTaylor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +665
    I'm afraid you've already had the only answer you are likely to get.

There isn't a lot more that can be done when you have a failure to read a recorded programme like that sadly :(

Your PC cannot help as the format is not fully compatible with the PC so there is no help there, and the facilities on the Sky+ box only really cover re-initialising the hard disk to clear problems at the cost of erasing all recordings.

Sorry,

Mark