Sky couldn't organise a **** up in a brewery!

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Damo121, Aug 21, 2004.

1. Damo121

Damo121

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    Phoned Sky last thursday(19th) evening to arrange upgrade to Sky+ and multi-room as my original receiver has seen better days. Spoke to customer services and explained problem. The Sky bloke said he would arrange for the receiver to be repaired or replaced and booked an engineer for today (21st) to come and install everything.

Anyway engineer turned up, (nice bloke) and proceeded to check faulty receiver, he said it was beyond repair and went to get a replacement from his van. He plugged it all in and set it up, phoned sky to register card etc, but when I said er thats not a Sky+ receiver he was like er no, and neither he or his company were away that he was here to do a install of sky+ and multi-room, so I was like :censored: as far as he was concerned he was here just for a service call on the original receiver. So back to Sky, press option 1 for this 2 for that, god knows what Sky did with the order, but I had to get a refund on the original purchase and book another call out. SKY TV DON'T YOU JUST LOVE EM!

Damo

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Computerised ordering is a great time saver but it's the human element that screws the process up:)

Just keep an eye on whatever payment method you used, took 6 weeks for a refund to appear on my credit card and that was after the rep said it would appear by the end of the week.

3. dobbin44

dobbin44

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    We had Sky + installed today and guess what "No Cards Supplied"
    It would seem sensible to include some sort of statement within the contracts supplied if no cards are present in this envelope then please call.
    I assumed the installer would have them.
    I hope this isn't a sign of things to come.

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Smartcards are sent out via mail, installers do not issue/carry them, I assume it's a security measure. SKY did have some admin problems with new subscriptions, maybe they still have a backlog or they simply over-estimate how long a SKY+ install can be arranged.

So don't worry, you aren't paying the channel package until everything is activated, it's just an annoyance. It wasn't that long ago when a SKY+ install could take weeks even months, they cured that problem even though take up is much stronger but seemed to have messed up in another part of the process.

5. electrolyte

electrolyte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,045
    Well I ordered Sky+ and multiroom install on Thurs 19 online. Was pleasantly surprised to see that it could be installed today between 8.30 and 5.30. My new viewing card arrived on Saturday. Got a call at 8AM today to say that the installer would be with me between 9.30 and 12.30.

He arrived at 10, installed my Sky+ (including attaching an optical cable between the Sky+ and my amp and setting up my amp to play DD from Sky+), installed my old box upstairs and was gone by 11.30. Everything worked and I'm very happy! :thumbsup:

Just thought I'd post a positive message about sky as it doesn't happen very often (and no I don't work for Sky). ;)

6. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Excellent:)
    Just goes to show that maybe penny pinching on installer training or poor vetting of third party installers does far more damage to SKY in the long run than having well trained/organised in-house installers. Only takes one bad experience spread via the net to colour so many other peoples view of SKY and it's service.

7. hogwash

hogwash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    the first two fella's that came to fit my new multiroom set-up , my god , the both stank to heaven, it took (and i do not jest) over an our for their stench t o leave my house, and at least 20 mins for it to disperse from outside on the drive even with 1/3rd of a can of haze.... my missus was having a fit

they even tried the old 30 quid extra for the cable boss ... routine and wanted to stick the dish on the front of the house, above the front door straight thru my accrington brick 120 yr old frontage (((NOT!!!))

contractors.... very hit and miss i guess

:(