Sky+ copy to Iomega screenplay HD external hard drive

novicejay

Standard Member
Hi All,

:lease: bear with me I am new to the site.
I have a quick question - How do I copy from Sky+ to a external hard drive.

Basically I have got a AV media hard drive made by Iomega (model is screenplay hd) it has got a scart, compsite and usb ports. I have tired connected it via the Sky+ scart and the hard drive scart and then did the usual copy on the sky+ box. Sky+ did recongise it and copied it but on the hard drive nothing came up when I viewed it on the tv.
The hard drive is formatted to NTSC.

What am I doing wrong in copying programmes from sky+ to this hard drive. :confused:
Any help will be greatly appreciated

Thank you

ows90

Welcome to the Forums.
then did the usual copy on the sky+ box. Sky+ did recongise it and copied it but on the hard drive nothing came up when I viewed it on the tv.

I'm not sure what you mean by "the Sky+ recognized it", because the Sky+ won't have a clue that anything is connected to its SCART sockets; so when you say that it copied it over to the Iomega ScreenPlay HD's hard drive, it is not capable of this as the Sky+ copy feature is passive -- it is there just to line up recording after recording to play back continuously, to be manually recorded in real time.

According to the manual, the SCART socket on the back of this device is an OUTPUT for connecting to a TV. You cannot record Sky+ through it. To get files onto the hard drive, you need to connect it via USB to a computer, then transfer files over to it.

http://www.iomega.com/support/manuals/hdd2008/sphd/en/main.html

The hard drive is formatted to NTSC.
If you meant NTFS, then that's OK (however, if you meant video format, then it should be PAL).

fernandez

Distinguished Member
According to the manual, the SCART socket on the back of this device is an OUTPUT for connecting to a TV. You cannot record Sky+ through it. To get files onto the hard drive, you need to connect it via USB to a computer, then transfer files over to it.

As above - this is not a device that will enable you to record from Sky+.

The opening statement of the user manual is quite clear:

"The Iomega ScreenPlay Multimedia Player allows you to take your favorite movies, music, and photos from your computer to your TV. Simply transfer multimedia files onto the ScreenPlay HD from your computer via USB. You can then play back movies, image slideshows, and your music from any TV. The ScreenPlay HD also provides high capacity storage for your media files."

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom