sky contract

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by ad47uk, Mar 23, 2006.

1. ad47uk

ad47uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Hi there peoples

Last year in December, I canceled Sky, because of the repeats that are broadcasted. anyway, today, I had a phone call from Sky, trying to get me to return and giving me all these offers. anyway, he was saying that it would be a three month contract, but if I do not take up this offer and decided to go back to Sky on my own accord, that I would be forced into a 12 month contract. I thought that once you have got the box and dish, and you decide togo back to subscribing to Sky that the contract would be a rolling monthly contract?

If sky is forcing people to take contracts out again, no wonder they are not doing very well.

I will never take a 12 month contract out with any compnay again, no matter what they do or who they are.

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    Unless things have changed dramatically a former subscriber (who has the hardware and smartcard) can resubscribe and as you say the contract would be a monthly rolling affair. SKY did impose a one off re-signing fee but I do not know if that was only to make it uneconomical for people to get new "freesat" cards when the old ones were being phased out, if so that one off fee would no longer be applicable.

Just remember that the person calling you may work for an agency who SKY contract cold calling out too, they make money if you sign up with them and so may tell you porkies:)

While I admire your stance on minimum term contracts there are few services that do not require committment in return for certain aspects of that services and if they do not sometimes have clauses which penalise you if you do not subscribe for a certain length of time.

3. ad47uk

ad47uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6