Sky Contract Questions.

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by PLASMABABBY, Aug 29, 2004.

1. PLASMABABBY

PLASMABABBY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Hi all,

Being as my Freeview signal is crap (can't get all the channels due to trees at the back of the house), I think I shall have to go the Sky route.

Having looked at the sky website I find that not all my questions are answered there. Can anyone help with the following queries.

1. Is it possible to order Sky with their special offer of Sky World and Family package Plus one month's free Sky Sports which gives free installation - then after one month with the £40 package to swap to the £13.50 package?

If this is so it might be a quicker way to get Sky installed before the FTA service is launched later in the year (probably October) and would only cost £148.50 over the twelve month minimum contract period as opposed to the £120 for just a FTA installation.

2. I might need a longer than average cable run - do Sky charge extra for this?
    and what other non standard things are they likely to charge for?

3. If I were to choose a Sky+ box would I have to pay a monthly subscription for using it?

If those who know would reveal these secrets, I would be most grateful.

My pension is dwindling away fast due this Plasma and Sky craze.

2. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +10,337
    If you change back to the basic package of £13.50 you will have to pay an extra £10 a month for Sky+

The £10 fee is waived for Sky+ if you subscribe to a minimum of 2 premium channels.

Not sure on the other questions though.

3. PLASMABABBY

PLASMABABBY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
    Thanks GregHook,
    I have now sorted out the other questions as well by ringing Sky and have ordered a package offered at £34 for the first month which includes World Sky and Family package + Free Sky Sports for that first month.
    After that, I am free to change the package to the £13.50 option which will be more affordable and give me better pictures than Freeview.

4. dsk19s

dsk19s

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    as the other question wasnot answered it is 50 pence per meter over 30 meters

5. Fernsehman

Fernsehman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They will charge extra if a special bracket and pole are required.
    I think there's also an extra charge if the phone connection isn't within 2 metres.