1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky + connections

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by ryanos, Jan 3, 2003.

1. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi all,

Can you guys help please?

I am almost (er' indoors permitting) about to get hooked up with sky+ but before i do i wondered if i could get a couple of q's answered

When i connect up do i just use my existing scart that i use for sky digital and run sky+ on rgb? or is there a different lead/ connection that i will need?

And I read that the decoder can transmit 5.1 sound signals if this is the case can i run it throught my home cinema sytem via the optical OUT that is at the back of the HCS? Strange question but there is no optical input on the back of it is the output two way?

Apologies if that is the most ridiculous question ever asked on the forum ...lol

Help would be appreciated

Cheers

Ry:)

2. orangemirrors

orangemirrors

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    yes

second question

what system have you got and whats hooked up

3. Xeonic

Xeonic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As Om said yes, but your scart lead must be a "fully wired" one. Some leads only have a few pins connected and won't work correctly.

Yes it can transmit 5.1, but this is only on a very limited number of channels at the moment (Errr, Prem W/S, Prem W/S Box Off :(). However the optical out on your HCS is not two way, you need to use a digital in. Does the HCS have a coaxial input?? If so you can get a convertor box so you can connect the optical->box->coaxial lead. I think lecktropacks sell one.

No Probs, all this connection stuff is not exactly well documented in most manuals...

4. ryanos

ryanos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Thanks for the replies my HCS is an entry level Philips lx3000d which probably explains the lack of connectivity and I have just my tv hooked up to it ...........I have a co-axial but it is only digital out as is the optical link there is a dormont aux in but i'm guessing this won't distribute 5.1?