1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky+Compatability with Panasonic Plasma

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by C.Ellson, Jan 20, 2005.

1. C.Ellson

C.Ellson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ihave Panasonic 37" Plasma Screen with Separate Tuner.The connection isRGB from board attached under screen to RGB Tuner Then Scart From AV1 (RGB)Tuner to Sky Plus. My problem is shadowy vertical approx 1" wide broad lines on Sky picture and recordings. They are mostly visible on green backgrounds and light grey backgrounds particularly on Sky Sports Football. I have had a second brand new Sky+ box Amstrad fitted and the problem will still not go away, so it is not the Amstrad Box unless it is a compatability problem with Panasonic Plasma Tuners/Screens. Has anyone else ever had this problem and if so what is the solution to fix it. I have tried every obvious method to no avail.

2. mark raeburn

mark raeburn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +19
    I had this problem also.

I have a 42" panny plasma but have sky+ connected directly to the screen via the VGA input.

I had this problem on both of my Amstrad Sky+ boxes (got them replaced by Sky due to this and other problems). In the end got a Pace box and the bands seem to be gone!

3. Unlight

Unlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Interesting - I got Sky + installed yesterday, connected to my 42" via a J.S RGB-VGA converter box, and get those shadowing black lines all the way across the screen, seem to flicker.

Have got on the phone and demanded a PACE box, hopefully should get one!

4. wicket

wicket

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    I have the TH42PE30 and a Pace Sky+ box - no problems with the picture.

5. Unlight

Unlight

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    Just an update - I tried a PACE box of a friends on my screen today, no such issues.

Luckily giving Sky no end of hassle seems to have provided results, I am getting a new Pace box next week :)

6. C.Ellson

C.Ellson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have now had a Pace Box Fitted(Reconditioned ) by Sky Engineer- Problem Solved. Thankyou everyone for your advice including information of similar problem to mine by an earlier thread where their was over 60 such problems.
    Perhaps Sky would like to give an official explanation if their is anyone out there from Sky reading this as it was a lot of Hassle getting them to provide a Pace Box and convincing them that this appeared to be the solution to the problem of the ghosting vertical static lines.

7. hogwash

hogwash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    i have a sky + jstech vga box and a 43" series 6 plasma , i have never had those issues!?? i had a faulty jstech box , which caused a problem with ntsc but that was fixed ...

strange