SKY Communial Dish

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by colinb07958, May 2, 2007.

1. colinb07958

colinb07958

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +44
    I am looking to buy my first flat. Apparently there is a Sky Communial dish. As I know nothing about this does a communial dish restrict any options on Sky?

Also with a Communial dish can I get the £26 for 3 deal? also what is the broadband service like on that?

2. Chunder

Chunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    The communal dish will only restrict you to the type of signal/service that was set up - usually just standard Sky.

It is possible to get an upgrade to Sky+ or SkyHD, but this will affect all the other users of the same dish, and can be phenomenally expensive... :(

3. sjj84

sjj84

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    How old is the flat, some new ones will have 2 feeds per flat meaning you can have sky+, depends on the spec when they were built. Mine only has one feed and so can only have standard sky. As for the broadband, that is irrelevant to communial dish as it done through the phone line. The other thing is that sky won't do the install themselves, you have to go through a third party company which sky will put you into contact with.

4. smallvillex

smallvillex
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Hey fella,

Best bet is to get in touch with the MDU team at Sky, just have your flat details to hand and let them do the rest....:smashin: