Sky Coming through as mono

N

nick[x1]

Hi
First post on these forums and they look great :)

I have a panasonic sky box (TU-DSB20) connected to a quad lnb, I belive the sound on our amstrad box in another room is stereo which is connected to the same lnb.

The sound from my panasonic box is set to stereo but outputs as mono, I have tried it with my tecnhics hifi and some other speaker sets i have and it is always mono.

Any ideas on what it could be?

Signal is 90% and quality is 90%-100% border line

There shouldn't be any reason the RCA phonos or scart should not be carrying stereo given that the sound menu is correctly set and saved. The RF output of SKY digiboxes is mono though.

If you are sure the Amstrad is ok then swap the boxes over, it'll help identify if there is a problem.

How is it connected, starting with the Sky box, and ending with the Technics hifi. In other words, how is the sound getting from the one to the other?

I pluged the hifi in using the two phono ports on the back of the box and then tried it on the scart output both give the same output

Can't see any reason why, then. Unless it so happens that the material you are watching IS in mono.......

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom