Sky + coming - best way to set up

69COU

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Please tell me in I am doing this right?

DVD has one Scart OUT - Trust this goes to One Scart in on back of Sky + box.

Other Sky + ( Two Scart Sockets) One in from DVD other out to VCR.

VCR ( Two Scart Sockets) One in from Sky + other out to TV.

TV (Two Scart Sockets) One in from VCR.

As DVD is then going through three different Scart leads to get to TV do you not lose quality.

I also want to set up a projector as well soon so which feed would I send to projector so that i could view any of the sources.:

suicide:

Hi 69COU
I would put dvd scart and sky+ scart to the tv. that way you get better picture quality, and other scart from sky+ to the vcr, so you can record from it if you want. Hope this helps, but I am sure someone else would add to this. Good luck
Gerry

Originally posted by 69COU
Please tell me in I am doing this right?

DVD has one Scart OUT - Trust this goes to One Scart in on back of Sky + box.

Other Sky + ( Two Scart Sockets) One in from DVD other out to VCR.

VCR ( Two Scart Sockets) One in from Sky + other out to TV.

TV (Two Scart Sockets) One in from VCR.

As DVD is then going through three different Scart leads to get to TV do you not lose quality.

I also want to set up a projector as well soon so which feed would I send to projector so that i could view any of the sources.:

suicide:

What you are proposing would be fine but I can see a few difficulties.

1. Are you sure your VCR allows RGB pass through? The Sky+ does pass through RGB but not all VCRs will. You don't want to lose picture quality from either the DVD player or Sky+.

2. If you want to watch a DVD and record Sky+ at the same time - you probably won't be able to as the Sky+ signal would overide the DVD.

3. Macrovision - most DVD players cannot be routed through the VCR as macrovision disrupts the picture(designed to stop recording of commercial DVDs)

Have you an S-Video option on your TV and DVD? If so you could connect the DVD player directly to the TV. Then VCR to Sky+ to TV on AV1.

Failing that buy a scart switching box from Argos at about £10.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom