• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky.com problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highgord

Having problems logging onto my Sky email via Apple Mail, I tried logging onto Sky.com using my email account directly. Everything seemed to be going OK until yesterday when on checking my "sent mail" I noticed that all my outgoing mail had my wife's name as the "sender". This was very strange as my wife does not have an email account with Sky! On contacting Sky, to cut a long storey short, they have no idea how this can happen and I am being escalated to a 3rd tier level and they will be back to me in 48 hours! Interestingly I sent myself an email and when it arrived it was from my wife to me! On clicking on her name in the "from column", it showed my email address. Any ideas, as Sky certainly have none?

ianbuckley

It may have nothing to do with Sky.com.
Check your Contacts app, on your Mac, for your wife's entry. Your email address may be listed there.

Last edited:

Highgord

Solved the problem. For some reason my wife's name was entered into the from box instead of mine, so I removed it and entered mine and now it works. Now I only have to wait for Sky to fix my Apple Mail problem as I cannot send or receive emails through Apple Mail since monday evening last week. This is despite three calls to Sky broadband and two promises of escalating my problem to "Level 3" and call back in 48 hours (never happened) but then it is Sky!

Highgord

I had a phone call from Sky Broadband today and a very nice Canadian girl helped me sort out my problems. Now all is working properly again. so thank you Sky.

Highgord

Sky e-mail problems just get better and better. Firstly, my Apple Mail has reverted to not working again i.e. keeps asking for password on logging on and then not accepting it. As before I cannot send or receive e-mails through Apple Mail! Secondly on logging onto Sky mail, via Firefox, I can only receive mail not open it! If I log onto Sky .com through Safari, I can receive mail, read it and send mail. I am getting heartily sick of Sky mail!!!!! I am going to have to phone them and go through the whole rigmarole again of explaining what is happening in the sure and certain knowledge that they will have to escalate the problem to their "Level Three" technical people for them to contact me in another 72 hours. Meanwhile I am seriously considering changing my e-mail supplier to Hotmail. I will let you all know if sky fix my problems or not. trying to be fair, I must say that until the change over to Yahoo mail, I have never had a problem with Sky mail. It's the old adage, "If it aint broke, don't fix it".

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom