Sky Codes For Remote - New Samsung

boryc

Standard Member
Reaction score
Can anyone help with codes to program my sky remote with my new samsung lcd.

ive searched through the posts to no avail. Its a SAMSUNG 40" LCD LE40N87BDX.

Ive tried loads of codes and nothing seems to be working, alot off here, ive heard some people mention the age of your remote but i cant see anything on my remote to see what version it is if anyone could help cause this determies what the code may be ?

Also if my remote is too old so to speak, would buying a new remote curse the problem or am i being silly?

Any help would be appreciated
thanks

:lease:

Same question here for a New LG 42LF66 LCD, I've had various codes supplied from Sky, but none work, the remote seems to reconise one perticular code, but will still not turn on the television.

Mine is also an old remote.

:lease:

has anyone had a new lcd tv and had problems with there sky remote, tuning it in, how did they sort out the problem ?????

has anyone had a new lcd tv and had problems with there sky remote, tuning it in, how did they sort out the problem ?????

Either by going into the Sky "Interactive", "Sky Customer Services", "Remote Control Settings" menu, checking the A-Z of TV brands, then the TV Brands model sub-menu looking for their particular model...if the model you have isn't listed try all the codes for that brand...or by reporting back here the make/model no of your TV?
Bear in mind if your Sky remote is an old one the codes may not work.
You may need to buy the latest revision of the Sky remote.

That could be the problem.

Mine is an LG 42LF66 42" 1080P LCD, these are all the codes I got from Sky

The 0206 code blinks twice as though it has accepted it, but still won't operate the TV :( :(

Supposed I'll have to try a new remote.;) ;)

damm lol

well mines the SAMSUNG 40" LCD LE40N87BDX as ive mentioned and it isnt on the list, so is that the answer , getting a newer version of remote, but what would the code be then though cause there isnt a code for the actual model of tv so what will getting a new remote achieve ?

just dont want to buy one when that might not be the problem?

Right, ive been on to sky and at last think i got it sorted....

The code that sky think it is wont work due to my remote being before a version 4 remote, so basiclly i do need a new remote and they think the code then shall be 0646.

They said theres a possibilty that this code may not work and a relevant code would be introduced in due course as its a new TV, BUT.... you still need a newer version of the remote for the newer codes to work if that makes sense.

just had sky + today had to program the remote myself !? anyway i used 1340 with my samsung tv , it wasnt the specific code because mine werent listed but it worked.

had to have my sky+ plus box replaced just after buying my samsung plasma engineer set my remote for tele while he was here says all samsungs use same code 061

Mine is an LG 42LF66 42" 1080P LCD, these are all the codes I got from Sky

The 0206 code blinks twice as though it has accepted it, but still won't operate the TV :( :(

Supposed I'll have to try a new remote.;) ;)

Sorted, got a new version 8 remote from www.letsautomate.com for £9.17 and used code 1176. :clap: :thumbsup:

Right, ive been on to sky and at last think i got it sorted....

The code that sky think it is wont work due to my remote being before a version 4 remote, so basiclly i do need a new remote and they think the code then shall be 0646.

They said theres a possibilty that this code may not work and a relevant code would be introduced in due course as its a new TV, BUT.... you still need a newer version of the remote for the newer codes to work if that makes sense.

this worked for me. thanks

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom