Sky+ Code for LG50PC56

U

Uncle heFTy

Try as I may, and I have contacted Sky, I cannot get my remote to work with my LG50PC56. Has anyone else had the same problem. Sky gave me code 0206, but even that doesn't work. Help!!!

Uncle H

drizzle2

Standard Member
Hi see my earlier posts for my LG 26 LCD,like you I have lists and lists and I wrote to LG but they gave me a code for sky not sky+ but say it is out of their hands and is all to do with sky.Sky just give you more lists.
I am going to try upgrading to REV8 tomorrow and see if that will work.
If only I had read of the probs here before I bought.Doh!
Will post my findings tomorrow.
Good luck and keep board informed for the benefit of new users.
Kate:smashin:

K

Kesgarevboy

Hi there, I have the same TV (LG50PC56) I found the code on Sky+ Box in the end after a little seaching. The code I used was 0206. I found this code to work perfecly on my LG50PC56 and had no problems with the remote or the TV.

Mick_the_Beer

Standard Member
This may be of help to you.
I have an LG42PC1DA plasma and I had to contact Sky for the Sky+ code.
The code I was given was also 0206 and it wouldn't work either.
I was also told that if your Sky+ box was a new one then the code was 3 digits and not 4. So I entered 206 and it works perfectly.

davemurgatroyd2

Distinguished Member
Hi see my earlier posts for my LG 26 LCD,like you I have lists and lists and I wrote to LG but they gave me a code for sky not sky+ but say it is out of their hands and is all to do with sky.Sky just give you more lists.
I am going to try upgrading to REV8 tomorrow and see if that will work.
If only I had read of the probs here before I bought.Doh!
Will post my findings tomorrow.
Good luck and keep board informed for the benefit of new users.
Kate:smashin:

Codes are the same for Sky and Sky+ - the differences between 4 and 3 figure codes AND some codes not being accepted by the remote are due to the age of remotes (revision number) NOT whether they are Sky or Sky+. What revision number is your remote - should be on a white sticky label inside battery compartment. The latest revision is 8 and earlier remotes will almost certainly not work with the very latest TVs unless that TV manufacturer is using still "older" codes from earlier TVs.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom