Sky coax cabling

Alykat

Novice Member
Hi all

I have two options for running the sky cabling outside at my house.

Cabling can either run along the wall along the back of my house, about 3 metres high, and then straight down at which point engineer will drill through wall into living room.

Alternatively, he said he can run the cabling along the ground tucked right up against the brick.

I like the second option of having it on the ground as it is visually better, it means I won’t have cable visible along the back of the house. I am concerned though as it’s an outdoor area where we frequently hose, sweep, garden and do usual outdoor stuff.

Is it a bad idea to have the cable running along the ground - am I risking damaging the cable? Potential electrocution etc? Engineer didn’t think so but he didn’t actually finish the job as his equipment was faulty so i now have another week to think on this and want to get it right. Would appreciate your thoughts as to the best approach for cabling.

Thanks
Alykat

tom 2000

Distinguished Member
I would keep it up out of the way. I doubt it will be damaged lower down but will become dislodged and loosened by sweeping etc.

TJT1

But you could always get them back to fix their installation.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom