Sky Cinema content

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by mikeclark007, May 24, 2019.

1. mikeclark007

mikeclark007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    Opted for this for the first time in 15 years since having Sky and was a little underwhelmed when it didn't even have certain film sets for example Harry Potter or Star Wars on.

Is it likely Sky will screen these / make them available on demand or just to rent through Sky Store?

2. dts

dts

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,000
    Sky cinema sometimes have "Themed" channels so for example sky cinema "Star wars" has done the rounds...but they have distributed rights so depends how long they get to show them for....the Harry Potter movies haven't been shown for a while....or did they just disappear? there are over 1,000 movies available on demand if you dont like what the other 11 movie channels have to offer...TCM (Tuner classic movies) is not a bad film channel as well as film 4 that broadcasts in high Definition and can sometimes look and sound better thens skys output.

3. mikeclark007

mikeclark007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +271
    Thank you. Hopefully they will be back on to satisfy the demands of my 6 year old lad. I had no idea that they weren’t actually available as per of the on-demand feature. I know I can rent them but what’s the point - he can wait

4. Foster1984

Foster1984

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Similar to streaming services, movies are often done in a rotation fashion. With movies leaving the selection for a while, only to reappear at a later date.

Unlike streaming services such as Netflix though, there doesn't appear to be anywhere online where you can view a list of what is leaving and what is coming in to selection at any given time though.