azza2004

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Wondering if anyone has this same issue. When watching a UHD film with dolby atmos on sky cinema such as blade runner. My amp will not pick up the dolby atmos soundtrack. The only way I can get it to work is to pause the film and play it again, the amp then shows dolby atmos and the additional speakers in use.

I'm using and onkyo amp and I've the same issue with both a v2 and v3 sky box. When watching premiership football the atmos track kicks in automatically.

Unfortunately not, I still have the same issue. Do you have the same problem?

How is your amp set up? Are you using ARC or is your Q box connected directly to the amp then out to the TV? I found ARC problematic sometimes but rock solid by going through the amp first.

I have arc turned on the amp to get dolby atmos working with the smart tv apps (LG B8). I don't have it turned on the sky q box. My amp is an onkyo rz730. Dolby atoms shows up when watching the udh premiership football, it also shows up using the lg tv smart apps like disney and apple tv (netflix is hit and miss). The only way however to get it wokring on sky cinema is to foward the film a bit and press play. If I start it from the begining where is shows the sky q uhd logo, then the film rating the film starts and the amp displays DD+ not atmos/D+. I'm not sure if it is the amp because once it Displays atmos/D+, I can reqind the film to the begining and the atmos/D+ stays on the amps display. The firmware is up to date on the amp. I kind if get the same issue when watching netflix using the tv app. The other TV apps work fine

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom