SKY + Cheap Deal?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Ebay-Junkie, Aug 30, 2003.

1. Ebay-Junkie

Ebay-Junkie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I spoke to Sky+ with regard to the best deal for an upgrade from Sky digital yesterday.

The current internet deal is £199 + £10 p/m. Installation new or existing customer is £1 for standard install.

They were categoric in stating that there was no further planned reductions to the £99 + £0 p/m on Sept 2nd or anytime, quoting that this would put it at the same price as Sky Digital and the digibox has a hard disk

Sorry

Unless anyone knows anything else

ps. Watch the over the phone ordering as they tried to charge me £50 for installation instead of the internet advertised £1

http://www.sky.com/skycom/skyplus/

regards

2. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
  3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975

Yep that's right, the lower costs involved in a web order are passed onto the consumer and you pay a premium for being able to talk to someone over the phone.
    If you get the web price via a phone call then smile but don't assume that you are entitled:)

4. Deron

Deron

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +12
    I got the £1 price over the phone, because I rang up regarding the internet deal for the bedroom box.

I have a new house which couldn't be found via their web software, so they let me off...

I was the one who spoke to the engineer who insisted that the price would go down to £99 from tomorrow.

See what happens, but I paid £250 a week ago, so I wouldn't be too chuffed.