Sky Channel Re-Shuffle

JonMace

Prominent Member
Reaction score
In the next 2 days Sky will be re-ordering virtually all its channels to new numbers, are those of you with Sky concerned about how long MS will take to catch up?

Concerned hardly comes close :rotfl:

Maybe that's why there's been no guide data for ITV4 and Sky3 yet, they've been waiting for the 'big' change :rolleyes:

SteveL said:
Concerned hardly comes close :rotfl:

Maybe that's why there's been no guide data for ITV4 and Sky3 yet, they've been waiting for the 'big' change :rolleyes:

Strange , I've had both ITV4 and Sky3 listings on mine for quite a while.

fallwood said:
Strange , I've had both ITV4 and Sky3 listings on mine for quite a while.
Is that using a Sky Digibox or Freeview? I have no ITV 3 listings with my digibox.

I have heard indirectly from the Microsoft EPG head honcho who said the plan was for the new listings to be released on the 27th so that they can be downloaded in time for the 28th. Sadly this is not true as at 08:10 GMT on 28th February all the old listings & channel numbers are still there. I forced an EPG download but still the EPG is incorrect.

Here is a link to all the new programme numbers http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/article/ds28384.html All TV channels remain as 3 digit numbers but all the radio channels are 4 digits with a leading zero. Unfortunately this now means that they will not be accessible from MCE.

Sadly this is all par for the course as regards the MCE EPG of course.

Aye it's the usual nightmare.

This is one of my biggest peaves with MCE; the EPG and Sky, it should just 'work' but doesn't.

Just spent 30 mins or so re-organising the channels on my EPG, this just shouldn't need to be done.

LaLa

WOOHOO!

Just got home for lunch, downloaded new guide listings and a quick reboot seems to have got me the new listings.

However.. Sky 3 & ITV4 are still missing, but at least things are now in the right place!

Ben.

BenRyder said:
Just got home for lunch, downloaded new guide listings and a quick reboot seems to have got me the new listings.

However.. Sky 3 & ITV4 are still missing, but at least things are now in the right place!
It worked for me too. It's bizarre that you don't get either ITV4 or Sky Three whereas I get ITV4 but no Sky Three. I have just had an email from someone enclosing a screenshot & he definitely does get programme listings for Sky Three. So it's not a generic Sky EPG problem.

What TV region are you? If you look in the Event Viewer -> Applications & look for the entry of the Media Center Guide download it will have all the details. I use a Chelmsford post code & the details n the log are Headend ID 210059 Headend name Sky Digital BBC1 East (W)/ITV London/Anglia

The guy with the fully populated EPG has a Headend ID: 210001 & Headend name: Sky Digital BBC Scot/ITV Grampian

Hello! I'm at work at the moment so can't give exact details but I think I'm the following:

Hampshire
Sky Digital BBC South / ITV Meridian / London*

*Which I think is for Channel 4 ?

Its not a huge problem as I don't really (well can't!) watch those channels, but it would be nice to get them!

Ben.

Well, blow me down with a feather.

Just looked at the Sky Gudie this morning, and the MCE guide pretty much matches it!

Now Sky 3, but I do get ITV4. No biggie though.

Does anyone know if a "series record" groups them together properly despite a channel change?

It looks like it - ER and Desperate Housewives are still scheduled to record, just on channel 140 now.

Ben.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom