Sky Channel line-up changes tonight

uk_jih

Novice Member
Hello all,

I just got the following notification:

People with Sky Digiboxes (both with and without Sky subscription) should be aware that between 4am and 5:30am tomorrow morning (February 28) there will be a major re-numbering and re-ordering of all TV channels on this platform. This is the second stage of the "EPG shuffle" planned last year reflecting the increased number of channels now available. The first stage was executed last month when most (all?) Digiboxes received new software splitting the TV Guide over 2 pages. Many primetime channels such as BBC and ITV will not move, but many minor channels will be totally renumbered and re-located. ALL radio channels will be renumbered and will now have 4-digit numbers. This change ONLY affects viewers using Sky Digiboxes or Sky+ systems.

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
uk_jih said:
Hello all,

I just got the following notification:

People with Sky Digiboxes (both with and without Sky subscription) should be aware that between 4am and 5:30am tomorrow morning (February 28) there will be a major re-numbering and re-ordering of all TV channels on this platform. This is the second stage of the "EPG shuffle" planned last year reflecting the increased number of channels now available. The first stage was executed last month when most (all?) Digiboxes received new software splitting the TV Guide over 2 pages. Many primetime channels such as BBC and ITV will not move, but many minor channels will be totally renumbered and re-located. ALL radio channels will be renumbered and will now have 4-digit numbers. This change ONLY affects viewers using Sky Digiboxes or Sky+ systems.

Thanks for the information.

BTW, from where did you get the notification?

Cheers,

Martin.

uk_jih

Novice Member
Noggin1980 said:
Will we have any problems with programmes that are season linked etc or will everything update automatically?

Good question.

I can only assume that they have thought about it.

None of the major channels are changing, so no problems with Sky One, Movies, sport or terrestrial channels.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom