Sky channel changing out of control........

A

avjunkie

Hi all,

I've had Sky for about 6 months now and so far have had no problems. However the other day when I switched the TV on the Sky box was on the demonstration channel as though the power had been cut to it. As far as I am aware we hadn't had a power cut as nothing else in the house had reset (for example we have a digital clock in the bedroom which resets when there is a power cut).

Ever since then I now have a problem when changing channel on the Sky box. If I press the up and down arrows on the remote to look through the channels it will change a couple of channels and then the box will start rapidly changing channels all by itself. One interesting point is that the channels change a lot quicker than if I was to hold the button down myself to scan through. Also I don't see this problem if I use the buttons on the front of the box instead of the remote. Initially I thought it might be the remote malfunctioning however we have two remotes (one for upstairs and one for downstairs) and it does the same with both.

Any ideas anyone?

I see. When did the update happen? How do I know if my box has been updated or not? What is the latest software version number?

Sorry for all the questions - I'm new to all this!

Ta.

updates normally happen thru the night you know its done if you've left the digibox on and in the morning its on standby. Very useful if your recording classic fm thru the night and get six hours of black screen!! :mad:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom