Sky Champions league??

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Ragnarok, Sep 19, 2007.

1. Ragnarok

Ragnarok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    I didn't get to watch any last night. Have they done the right thing and gone back to broadcasting them in 4:3 or still insist on stretching and croping them to a competly botched 16:9 with really crap picture quality on the main channels.

I find it really bizare because the Sky sports active games not on sky sports are perfect, are those still perfect? La Liga Games are Perfect too.

If they continue on this corse of showing games which do not come from a host broadcaster in 16:9 in there special botched 16:9 we should really start a petition to get 4:3 games shown in the proper 4:3 format on the sky sports channels( like La Liga), that is untill every game is ether broadcast by the host's in 16:9 or HD.

Tonight Just in case I'm gonna have the spanish/german/french feed on standby and mix the picture with sky sports comentry for the united game. << note to sky sports yes your picture format from forign host broadcasts is that bad it is worth resorting to this to get the PROPER picture.

2. Ross-P

Ross-P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    ITV football picture quality was as usual diabolical last night. I watched the mighty Real Madrid win 2-1 on Sky instead !

3. Skiprat

Skiprat

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +147
    Yeah i noticed that too, was watchin the pool game and flicking to sky watching the scores and the picture was 10 times better on sky :eek:

4. RMGEE

RMGEE

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +655
    IMO I think it looks better on Sky when its stretched.

Rich.

5. Ragnarok

Ragnarok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Itv is always diabolical, even analogue has bad digital artifacts which point to somthing just being very wrong at ITV.
    Sky are almost as bad when they start streching and cropping a perferctly good 4:3 picture. the worst bit is that sky's picture is stretched into making the players shrot and fat and swiching it too 4:3 makes tall and thin, and most impotantly the side affect the top and bottom of the original picture is missing so you gets heads choped of or part of the ball goes missing due to the cropping.

6. Ragnarok

Ragnarok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    thats good for you, but still it would look much better for you and everyone else if you let your tv do the stretching not sky, just like la liga games look much better.

7. Paul_HDLover

Paul_HDLover

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +164
    There were no games on in HD last night were there? I was extremely disappointed with the PQ on all channels last night, particularly the Shaktar Donesk V Celtic game.

8. Ross-P

Ross-P

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    There weren't any games in HD on sky but I thought the Real Madrid game looked pretty darn good for a non HD picture ( although it is upscaled of course ).

I guess the picture quality depends on the countrys TV technology it comes from for instance a picture from Spain will probably look better than a game from the likes of the Ukraine ( Shaktar Donesk ).