• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky cardboard boxes?

Standard Member
Hi,

Im getting HD on thursday and will be replacing my standard sky box but when they come to fit the new hd box will they ask me for the cardboard box which my origional standard sky box came in?

thanks

SamRadford

Prominent Member
Only if they have nothing else to put their sandwiches in. ;)

No, they won't.

BTW, please note that you've posted your question in the NON-SKY section.

Standard Member
ooopps

sorry about that, please could somebody move this thread to the correct part of the forums.

thanks for your post, just clears a few things up.

cheers

JayCee

Distinguished Member
Also, they shouldn't be taking your standard Sky box away, it's your property as long as you've had it longer than 1 year.
Moving to correct forum>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Standard Member
Well, I had multi-room installed since november last year, downstairs box is about 4 years old. Also Im wondering if Sky will allow me to swap the new box for the old panny box I have downstairs?

Jay53

Prominent Member
They will install SkyHD in your main viewing room and since you arne't having yet another mutliroom installed with just disconnect whichever box is present there before fitting a 2nd satellite feed (assume your current boxes are std sky ones)

Sounds like the box downstairs is the older one so this should work out fine as they shouldn't need to do anything with the upstairs one.

Standard Member
Oh dear I wanted HD in my bedroom where I got multiroom installed last year. I dont want it down stairs in our main living room.

CaffeineJunkie

Established Member
I think the assumption was that you would want it downstairs.

I cant see any reason why they woudn't install it wherever you wanted.
Swap the boxes over yourself before they come so that you have the new one downstairs and the old one being replaced with sky hd upstairs.
They have no clue which one was installed first, nor will they care.

This is assuming that none of your existing boxes are SKY+. That would complicate things a little.

Standard Member
I think the assumption was that you would want it downstairs.

I cant see any reason why they woudn't install it wherever you wanted.
Swap the boxes over yourself before they come so that you have the new one downstairs and the old one being replaced with sky hd upstairs.
They have no clue which one was installed first, nor will they care.

This is assuming that none of your existing boxes are SKY+. That would complicate things a little.

Is that legal, I would love to have the new standard sky box downstairs and they take old panny box away but I dont want them asking if I had changed boxes when they come to install HD

Platelet

Prominent Member
all the boxes belong to you, they shouldn't be taking any away, and you can put them where ever you wish - the best one downstairs, the older one in a cupboard as a spare, or on ebay if you like.

unlike a cable company the boxes belong to you, and you are perfectly entitled to swap them or sell them on

Standard Member
all the boxes belong to you, they shouldn't be taking any away, and you can put them where ever you wish - the best one downstairs, the older one in a cupboard as a spare, or on ebay if you like.

unlike a cable company the boxes belong to you, and you are perfectly entitled to swap them or sell them on

I thought you only own the boxes after 12months, then you can do what you want with them, under 12months its sky's property they do what they like.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom