Sky Captain R3 @ CDWOW

Thanks for the heads up, been waiting for this!

Many thanks - gone for this one too!

Beware. I have read elsewhere (but can't confirm) the soundtrack on the R3 item is DD2.0 Stereo/surround. Not 5.1.

Apparently it's getting more and more difficult to get discounts at .com, but you can get it a bit cheaper if you order it from the .us site and use the $2 discount link that you can get from the usual place....

LV426 said:
Beware. I have read elsewhere (but can't confirm) the soundtrack on the R3 item is DD2.0 Stereo/surround. Not 5.1.

What :eek: It better not be :mad:

LV426 said:

Looks like you're right. Their site now says "Audio: English - Dolby Digital Stereo"!! :mad:

Mine's on the way now, so nothing I can do about it. Just have to chalk it up to experience! :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

EDIT: I hope it doesn't turn out to be like the R3 of Around The World In 80 Days, or it will be a complete waste of space!

Ger said:
Looks like you're right. Their site now says "Audio: English - Dolby Digital Stereo"!! :mad:

Mine's on the way now, so nothing I can do about it. Just have to chalk it up to experience! :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

:censored: Mine's going right back then!

Will they accpet a return for a reason like this?

Returns Policy
At CD WOW! we want you to be happy every time you shop with us. So, in addition to your automatic right of cancellation, we have a "total satisfaction" guarantee. This means that if for any reason you are unhappy with your purchase, all you have to do is return it to us in good condition within 14 days and we will issue a full refund for the price of the item less a nominal charge of £1.50 for handling, insurance and re-stocking. We will be happy to refund the purchase price in full if the return is a result of our error or a defect (see below). Simply visit our Customer Service Centre. To make a return, please give the reason for the return and wrap the package securely. Then send it to our English Language Customer Service Representatives at the address below:

CD WOW!
Customer Service Centre
Suite 2a
Gregories Court
Gregories Road
Beaconsfield
Bucks
HP9 1HQ
GB

Phone:
0870 350 0899 (GB)

:clap:

Cheapest option for this 3 disc set is from .us: USD 17.95. And if you use the 2 dollar discount link you get it for USD 15.95...

I posted earlier about the R3 version having what i thought was a problem soundtrack. 'LV426' kindly pointed out then that R3 version was in facy only stereo!!
CD WOW were cool about me returning it and I pre ordered the R1 5.5 version, this was delivered in a matter of days. Great no problem until I now read CD WOW have released the 6.1 R3 version. Do I scream now or later!!!!
Let me say again CD WOW customer services were excellent but what a pity they didn't have the knowledge and foresight to reccommend that the 6.1 version would soon be available. I think I might be pushing my luck to see if CD WOW will exchange it for a second time. With so few 6.1 DVD's out there it would have been my first choice had i known!!

It does look like this misses out on the commentaries that are on the other versions, so that might be a reason for keeping your R1 (don't know how interested you are in them).

Ger said:
It does look like this misses out on the commentaries that are on the other versions, so that might be a reason for keeping your R1 (don't know how interested you are in them).

Not bothered about commentaries, never really listen to them anyway!

Here's a big THANKS to CD WOW, I did push my luck and ask for another exchange and CD WOW have agreed with no problem!! This is excellent service and i I can now look forward to a DTS 6.1 soundtrack. Not bothered about commentaries either.

Svein said:
Cheapest option for this 3 disc set is from .us: USD 17.95. And if you use the 2 dollar discount link you get it for USD 15.95...
...even better due to the fact you can choose the currency you want to pay with. My credit card charges a fee for non-GBP transactions!

What´s on the third disc, anyone know? Is it any different than the Region 1 & 2 double disc?

Whats the film like ? It got panned and looks a bit snide to me ?

I enjoyed the film, despite the fact that Gwyneth Paltrow was terrible in it. Well, either she was terrible, or brilliantly recreating the stilted 1930s style performances from leading ladies in B movies of the time.

I enjoyed the fact that it was all filmed on greenscreen, I thought it was put together quite well.

I don't always agree with the critics, but then I have a less 'professional' eye and just go by what I enjoy.

i have just checked my copy and i am annoyed it is the stereo version. i was contemplating ordering the 3 disc version, when i thought i would check my orders at cdwow to see if it said it that the soundtrack was stereo.

this was what is displayed as being sent:
DVD Region 3: Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow: Collector's Edition (6.1/ DTS ES)

i will be contacting them asap and asking them why they have sent out the stereo soundtracked version.i did only pay 8.99 for it so i would suggest you check your order history as it appears that they have to send out the 3 disc collectors edition for free.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom