Sky+ - cannot get s/w update - advice wanted please

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by olicuk, Mar 18, 2006.

1. olicuk

olicuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I have Sky+ (one of the original 1st gen Pace boxes) and it has failed to update with the new EPG s/w. Feeling it was perhaps a little late, I called Sky last night and they told me I should have had the download at the end of January. So they instructed me on the reboot/force download... which failed and I've still got the old s/w.

I notice on a few channels I never watch (incl. 998 Sky Welcome) I get 'no satellite signal is being received'), could this be why the download has failed? All the main channels like BBC, ITV, Sky Movies, News, Music, seem fine though.

I've got to try a complete wipe of the box later in the weekend once I've copied everything off Sky+, but Sky don't think that will solve the issue and suggest they'll have to come out (and charge the obligatory £65 or whatever it is). I'm a bit reluctant to do that as I will get SkyHD as soon as it comes out (assuming it's not £700!!!), and the box is otherwise perfectly usable... can record, watch programmes, etc (ok, radio channels are listed on 31xx which it's impossible to type into the controller, but they can be selected in the EPG).

Has anyone else experienced a similar issue or have any idea what may be at fault, ie. is the update transmitted on the same transponder as my missing channels, etc?

Thanks!!

2. jay61076

jay61076

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    Probably the signal issue that won’t let it download after all it the signal it has to download from.

If its only a few channels that you’ve lost why not just take the box to a friend that has got a good signal and try the download there