Sky Cancellation

majnu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I gave my notice to Sky around a month ago to Cancel their TV packages which I had for many years. I was told that I would still be able to receive the Free to veiw channels. However, today when I turned my TV on in the afternoon I am getting the "No satellite signal is being received."

Does that mean that they lied and I cannot receive anything? I can see all the schedule information as I flick through the channels though. The TV was working fine in the morning and no connections have become loose.

ANy quick advice would be appreciated. :lease:

Last edited:
The box should receive a large number of channels without any card at all

Turn off the box, remove the card. Turn the box back on and reboot

Many free channels should be available. If they are not, there is likely to be a fault with your system

When you cancel your sky subscription the existing card then becomes useful to receive a couple of extra channels (C Five, for example)

The box should receive a large number of channels without any card at all

Turn off the box, remove the card. Turn the box back on and reboot

Many free channels should be available. If they are not, there is likely to be a fault with your system

When you cancel your sky subscription the existing card then becomes useful to receive a couple of extra channels (C Five, for example)

What do you mean by reboot? Is that switching the box off from the mains and then switching it back on again, or is it another complex process. :blush:

Edit Thanks mate switching it off/on from the mains did the trick, must have been some weird gremlin. If I missed the match tonight i'd be screwing lol

Last edited:
Which channel/s are we talking about because "No Signal" is normally a reception issue (tuner, cabling, LNB, Dish) or a channel has moved and the EPG not updated, it's not a factor of being a FTA/FTV viewer only.

Yes, it had. :rolleyes:

True, but I know which I'd rather do, and it doesn't involve leather balls.

Think this has been answered above, but just to confirm...

A Sky plus box with no card will only recieve FTA channels, with no recording functionality? Is there a list of the FTA channels?

cheers

dq

Think this has been answered above, but just to confirm...

A Sky plus box with no card will only recieve FTA channels, with no recording functionality? Is there a list of the FTA channels?

cheers

dq

Yes go to freesat.co.uk or there is a good entry on wikipedia

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom