Sky Cancellation Offers

Do they still offer discounts when you call to cancel.
It about 50:50! Sky (unlike Virgin who wil almost offer anything to retain a customer!) will often just say "fine!" and let someone go!

Well i've been with them for years on the full pack and seem like they don't want to give any disocunts only problem is I can't get virgin in my area.
Neither Sky nor VM will give discounts unless you actually cancel! In this case Sky might and VM will!

Well i'm just gonna stick in a cancellation then see what happens I can always change my mind a few weeks down the line since you have to give 30 days.

Is there a specific cancellations number to ring?
No - try to cancel (or downgrade) anything and you will, almost always, find yourself transferred to "my colleague" - who will be in cancellations!

My box went dodgy threatened to cancel got a free visit which resulted in brand new box and 25% discount for 6 months, I'd did that this weekend btw

My sky+ box on multiroom packed in just after xmas. I challenged the £65 call out fee and said I would sooner cancel multi room. I was put through to the cancellation department and they have reduced by monthly bill by £10 for 6 months this will nearly cover the £65 call out fee. Re-furbished sky+ box now installed.

When we cancelled 7 years ago, we were given a number of offers to rejoin including 6 months free viewing.
Gave in during December, but will cancel in December and use HD box for free channels.

I managed to get an upgrade to SkyHD for £29+£15 install when I was ready to cancel my subscription as I'd bought a freesat box and told them I was very happy with it.

I cancelled in March 2009, the latest offer, expired 29th Dec 09, was for 12 months half price any number of packages. I am considering purchasing an HDD Freesat or Freeview box, but SKY+ is still the easiest to use. £100 per annum for the basic entertainment pack compared with £249 for the cheapest box still seems good value. If another similar offer comes along I will probably take it! There are still items in the basic package that I do not want, I would be happy to pay a permanent fixed payment of £10 p/m for the five basic channels + Fx and SKY+

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom