• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky cancellation notice

gavan

I've been trying to find cancellation info at Sky's flashy and hard to navigate site. Plenty of info on subscribing, upgrading your package and re-joining but seemingly nothing on cancellation terms.

I'll be quitting Sky at the end of September, for an indeterminate period of time. What's the procedure - do I need to give a month's notice (ie Tell them end of August) or is cancellation immediate once I phone up?

I've never had a 12-month mandatory subscription period as I always bought my gear unsubsidised so no obligations there.

Gav

macker_s

Hi,

Small world I am doing just the same thing.

I phoned the normal service number on Friday to turn off from the 01/09/2006 and they stated that as I called on 28/07/2006 then it would be turned off 30 days later on 28/09/2006, hence I will call back tomorrow so that it gets turned off on 01/09/2006.

Mackers

Phragzy

If you cancel tomorrow would that not cancel it from the 30th? just there's 31 days in August or do they not include the day you cancel as part of the 30 days.... :confused:

SamRadford

Tell them you are moving abroad to work at the end of September so you'd like to suspend your subscription from that date. OK it's a white lie but it should serve the purpose with minimal hassle. They won't argue because they know you'll come back eventually. It also makes it easier if you do want to resubscribe.

Eye2007

Banned
If you have a new contract with Sky. You are stuck for twelve months. HOWEVER if you quit early there is usually a charge and you may have to recoup their losses for you quiting early. My advice is see it through to the twelve month mark. After that ring them up on the eleventh month. Thirty day notice and then you will recieve confirmation letter and that will tell you when services will be stopped.

Once you are free from Sky, jump and dance around the house while Wanna be starting something is booming out of your hifi.

You wont need to start a new contract should you want to reinstate account.
If you did a twelve monther and cancelled and you reinstated then agreement is a month at a time.

Happy to say that in less than four weeks, Rupert Murdoch tax will be a thing of the past. Paying so much for so little and I dont have time to watch three hundred channels each night.Let alone in a month.

Freeview your house.

gavan

macker_s said:
Hi,

Small world I am doing just the same thing.

I phoned the normal service number on Friday to turn off from the 01/09/2006 and they stated that as I called on 28/07/2006 then it would be turned off 30 days later on 28/09/2006, hence I will call back tomorrow so that it gets turned off on 01/09/2006.

Mackers

Ok, 30 days notice. Not too bad but a bit of a pain that you must notify them exactly 30 days before instead of just nominating a suitable date in the future. I'll have to make a note to get on the phone 30th August......

Gav

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom