Sky cancellation confusion

ice168

Standard Member
Hello, I am kind of confused with the sky cancellation and payments process,
Well basically I been with sky for 4+ years now, and I rang sky today 27/5 to let them no I wanted to reduce my sky TV package, so I cancelled sports and movies, what I don’t get is why am I getting charged another full payment for next month? And what was the purpose for the advance payment I had to pay when I joined?
Not sure if this helps:
Billing Status
Most Recent Bill (19 May 2009)
£70.74

Current Balance: £70.74
Payment will be collected by Direct Debit on, or soon after, your payment due date
02/06/2009

I also have sky broadband £10 and sky talk free line rental, call charges £4.99 and sky HD £9.75which I haven’t cancelled.
The sky spokesman said something like I should ring up again to cancel on the ‘I think he said’ 17th June as it would be better, as I can carry on watching. Not sure what he meant by that.
Thanks for your help.

they are charging you for this months worth of viewing. The reason he has advised you to phone back on that date is because it is a couple of days before the start of your next bill, I know it sucks but this is what happens with sky. As for your advance payment that is normaly for the equipment and install.

I had this problem with sky years ago but the advisor just canceled my movies and sports and the start of the month I was paying for ( I think it was 5 days into it) instead of advising me that I had to pay for it anyway as I had had access to the channels for 5 days. So I had to pay even tho I didn`t have the channels for most of the month.

Dave_nt

It's because they have already produced the bill for the following month. Your bill after that will take into account you overpayment and be reduced accordingly.

ice168

Standard Member
Hi, thanks for your replies and explanations. When I spoke to them yesterday they never mentioned anything about refunding me or reducing my bills, the advance payment from what I remember I also had removed sky sports/movies last year and they also took a advance payment or was it an extra fee for when I rejoined, I’m probably wrong here but I thought advance payments was just to protect sky from having people cancelling next months payment or stopping direct debits.
Again thanks for your replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: REL T/9x Subwoofer + Bowers & Wilkins PI7 Reviews, AV Shows in a Pandemic and more
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom