Sky+ - Can I watch Sky and a recording at same time?

K

KevB_UK

Hi all,

Considering getting Sky +, but I'd like to know if I can watch Sky and watch recording at the same time? Currently we have a digibox in room 1 connected to the main TV via scart, and then to room 2 via the second RF output. This works fine for watching the same live channel in both rooms, but with Sky + it would be great to be able to watch live tv in one room and recordings in another.

Is this possible??

Thanks in advance.

no, but they can sell you multi room

Hi all,

Considering getting Sky +, but I'd like to know if I can watch Sky and watch recording at the same time? Currently we have a digibox in room 1 connected to the main TV via scart, and then to room 2 via the second RF output. This works fine for watching the same live channel in both rooms, but with Sky + it would be great to be able to watch live tv in one room and recordings in another.

Is this possible??

Thanks in advance.
Basically no - the box has only one decoder and one decrypter so only one possible output at a time. There are very few digiboxes of any sort (Freeview or satellite) on the
market which will allow that - I personally know of only one the Pace Twiview Freeview PVR - but definitely no Sky box of any type (standard, + or HD).

perhaps i should elaborate my previous post as this question gets asked all the time, sky would have no benefit from this feature although all most subscribers would indeed find this function very useful, It is this usefulness that sky takes advantage of by offering to install the original box in another room,calling it `multi room` the attractiveness of this is only clouded by the £10 per month charge they impose.

Thanks for the quick responses!

Guess we will just have to organise things around it...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom