Sky+ Can I get it for free?

Dexstroyer

Hello, I would really like to get Sky+ but do not want to pay the £100 for the box + £30 installation, is there anyway I can get it for free, or by just paying the installation fee?

:smashin:

honkydonky

Hello, I would really like to get Sky+ but do not want to pay the £100 for the box + £30 installation, is there anyway I can get it for free, or by just paying the installation fee?

Nothing in life is free...espescially from SKY:)

Robbie Razzler

The price isn't bad when you consider other hard drives on the market are double that price and don't do half the features of sky+

scottish nutter

Novice Member

i dont know if you can get it for free but you can get it for £49 and that includes fitting, what to do is, phone up and tell them you want to cancel your sky subscription, when they ask why tell them that you are never in to watch sky, you will probably be asked if theres anything you would watch if you were in, tell them yes there is stuff you would watch, they may offer you sky + here, if not you could say you would like sky plus but the mrs wouldnt let you spend £130(thats what i did) then the guy should tell you he can give it to you for £49. he even told me i could pretend to the mrs that i talked him into giving me it for £49 :devil: i think its only the guy at cancelations that can offer it to you for £49
this is exactly what i done last month and i got sky+ fitted 1 week later, if you spend more than £15 a month on you sky package they dont charge you any monthly fee for sky+ either, £49 is better than £130 and if you try it i hope you have the same result as i had :smashin:

Dexstroyer

I could but Im totally new, I have never had Sky!
I just rely on the built in freeview on my LCD but Im getting a bit annoyed that it displays channels I cannot watch and I dont see the point of getting Top up TV, I may as well try to get Sky+.
Only thing is I cannot justify £130 to the Boss, since I spend so much on gaming! hence Im trying to get it for free!

Cheers.

Throttle

Im a ex sky customer and recently had a leaflet that im sure offered sky+ for £49 no installation charge as i was thinking about getting again after seeing the offer.
As im at work atm ill photo and post leaflet tonight when im home ...hopefully my missis hasnt binned it cleaning up ! Lol

Dexstroyer

Nice one, £49 quid is a good price.
I dont fancy the route of Quidco as I want the saving now not later! Thx anyway.

Dexstroyer

Thanks for that, before we moved my wife had a subscription in her name but Im not sure if it will count?
I will ring to find out...watch this space.

Throttle

Apart from me deleting my name and address the leaflet ive posted is just as i had it with no codes mentioned so i dont think any codes as no mention of them.

T

TheDigitalWire

OK, this isn't free but sort of off sets the cost.
Up until the end of September, Sky have increased it's recommend a friend offer from £30 to £50 - both you and a friend get the M&S vouchers.
Which can't be bad. :)

Need to go here if interested.
sky-digitalonline.com

scottish nutter

Novice Member
the box for £49 is a reconditioned unit.
thats why its so cheap.

mines was a new box, i thought they were reconditioned aswell but it had all the new stickers on it and the boy that fitted it said it was new, i think if you pay full money you get a bigger hard drive and the £49 ones are the smaller

is there a special code that u need to give them when u ring up?

They tend not to use codes now (as too many people posted them online). They now record offers sent out to specific addresses and if you're not on the database - no joy. This applies particularly to those offers made to ex customers and upgrades etc to existing ones.

mines was a new box, i thought they were reconditioned aswell but it had all the new stickers on it and the boy that fitted it said it was new, i think if you pay full money you get a bigger hard drive and the £49 ones are the smaller

There is only one size of disk in the current new Sky+ boxes issued by Sky - 160Gb - 80Gb for you (approx 40 hours)and 80 for Anytime. The £49 deal is usually for a refurb box but if the installer is not able to get refurbs they will issue new ones so it is pot luck.

plasmahal

the box for £49 is a reconditioned unit.
thats why its so cheap.

Not true, I just had the £49 deal after moving house and the unit i got was new model.

But it could be hit an miss and depend on how nice to the engineer you are.

D

dsm52

can anyone confirm if this offer is valid for new customers?

also, any chance this offer works with refer a friend to sky? :devil:

Lighty

hmmmm

i have bog standard sjky at the mo with a hdd recorder ...
can i drop recorded progs from sky+ onto a dvd or the other hdd - generally kids cartoons.
and is it still £15/month unless you subscribe:thumbsdow

cheers
lighty

Dexstroyer

Nice one, I have sent a PM to her, lets see if it comes off.
I will let you know, not sure if the offer is limited.

The latest video from AVForums

LG CX Best Picture Settings
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

What's new on Netflix UK for May 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Samsung rumoured to be buying OLED TV panels from LG Display
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Netflix signs with Sony for first streaming rights in U.S.
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio Pro launches C10 MkII speaker
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
THX launches Onyx MQA supporting DAC/Amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom