Sky call centre

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by jimcarney, Jan 5, 2004.

1. jimcarney

jimcarney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Do the people at the call centre really know what they are doing ,I ask because I lost 5.1 sound just before Christmas so I called Sky+ ,they said they were having a problem with 5.1 sound and were asking subscribers to use Pro logic until the problem was sorted out ,so all over Christmas no 5.1 . This weekend my nephew wanted to play his game cube there was no sound ,so I checked all the wiring connections etc then I checked imput mode on my amp guess what someones tiny fingers had taken the amp out of auto setting ,of course when I tried Sky+ the 5.1 was back , so I say again do they know what they are doing because if she had said there where no problems the imput mode would have been the first place I wopuld have checked:mad: :mad: :mad: . Jim

2. Attu

Attu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +42
    I had problems before Xmas, around the time they screened Star Wars 1, but since then its been fine.

Andy

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    There were a lot of problems with the DD audio on the movies channels in the months leading upto xmas, it was a sporadic fault and effected some people more than others and SKY were indeed telling people not to use DD while a fix was being worked on.
    It seems the update for the Dual Record also included a fix for the DD audio.

It is always useful to check all the cables and interconnects before making a phone call they you have to pay for:)