1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sky call centre

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by jimcarney, Jan 5, 2004.

1. jimcarney

jimcarney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Do the people at the call centre really know what they are doing ,I ask because I lost 5.1 sound just before Christmas so I called Sky+ ,they said they were having a problem with 5.1 sound and were asking subscribers to use Pro logic until the problem was sorted out ,so all over Christmas no 5.1 . This weekend my nephew wanted to play his game cube there was no sound ,so I checked all the wiring connections etc then I checked imput mode on my amp guess what someones tiny fingers had taken the amp out of auto setting ,of course when I tried Sky+ the 5.1 was back , so I say again do they know what they are doing because if she had said there where no problems the imput mode would have been the first place I wopuld have checked:mad: :mad: :mad: . Jim

2. Attu

Attu

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +41
    I had problems before Xmas, around the time they screened Star Wars 1, but since then its been fine.

Andy

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    There were a lot of problems with the DD audio on the movies channels in the months leading upto xmas, it was a sporadic fault and effected some people more than others and SKY were indeed telling people not to use DD while a fix was being worked on.
    It seems the update for the Dual Record also included a fix for the DD audio.

It is always useful to check all the cables and interconnects before making a phone call they you have to pay for:)