Sky + cabling

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by SimonL, Aug 1, 2001.

1. SimonL

SimonL

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am completely against the £10 sub charge being made for this service but in time I may give in as unfortunatly I'm sure others will reluctantly do (suckers!). Only question is with the new LNB does anyone know if additional cables be required from the dish to the STB? as I have only recently refurbished my house and the dish cabling has been boxed in!

That will probably put me off for longer if I have to re-sort cable routes!

Simon

2. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am in the same position and if there is a seperate cable it will put me off. I used to have two cables to my dish position when I was on analogue (Astra and Hotbird) but pulled the other when I went digital (it's now used for FM radio).

This therfore means me buying further cable and attempting to pull everything through using fishing wire again! It's a nightmare. All this to avoid the sort of terrible job I have seen elsewhere on my estate by Sky installers (I have to say I have also seen some excellent installs by Sky people but I don't want it to be a lottery!).

3. ISCM

ISCM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It is possible to share Radio and Satelite down the same cable.

4. warne

warne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Me too! I've only just finished decorating ...

I hope I can just buy Sky+ and Sky will drop off a load of bits so I can physically install it myself. Hopefully the quad-LNB will just fit on the same mounting as the existing single one, and we won't need a completely new dish.

Will the hardware only be available from Sky? Or will we be able to buy from highstreet retailers as soon as it's released?