Sky + cabling to 2 wall sockets in same room

IainM

Novice Member
Reaction score
I wish to have my Sky+ inputs available from two wall sockets in the same room. The Sky+ box will only be connected to one of the sockets at any time. I have tried just connecting additional coax bot the loss is too great. Is there an active socket that would work?

will need 4 separate cables from the dish. you cant run 2 cables to a wall socket and then run wo cables from that socket it just will not work. can you explain why you are moving box as I am intrigued

Why not if the OP only has one box connected. He's only trying to use the second wall plate as an extension. Not a lot different from using a longer bit of coax It's when you try to connect two boxes that you need 4 cables.

How did you connect the extra cabling? What is the existing cable (Size and type) and what length is it from the dish to first wallplate and how long is it to the new wallplate and what cable did you use?

I don't know if it's relevant but I've recently been working in a hotel where the sky box is kept in a cupboard and a gadget called something like magic eye is connected to the tv allowing the remote to work when pointed at the tv , don't know if this would help as an option for what you are trying to achieve

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom