Sky by mobile

JayUK

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone know if you can use the iphone to remote record sky? Cant find anything after a search so assume not?!

Anyone know if you can use the iphone to remote record sky? Cant find anything after a search so assume not?!

Yes you can use remote record but as Sky dont support the iphone with the remote record function you just have to set yourself up to be able to do it through their website. You then go to their website on your iphone and set the remote records from there as if you were online on your pc etc.

Yes you can use remote record but as Sky dont support the iphone with the remote record function you just have to set yourself up to be able to do it through their website. You then go to their website on your iphone and set the remote records from there as if you were online on your pc etc.

I know the original version of Sky TV Listings online worked, not sure if the current one will, or not.

I know, will try...

EDIT: Have tried with iPhone on WiFi, the site just seems to crash Safari when tapping on a programme for details and remote record.

Mine crashed too

Really hoped they had supported the iphone and done the same interface like I used to use on my N80....quick and easy to remote record

Flip I need this to work!! Annoying. My k800 was great using the sky by mobile app.

Has anyone managed to record a program without Safari crashing?

Any info on whether Sky will be bringing out a TV guide / remote record app on the new app store?

Has anyone managed to record a program without Safari crashing?

Any info on whether Sky will be bringing out a TV guide / remote record app on the new app store?

Just to answer my own question...

Tried the new sky tv listings and it is pretty unusable on the iphone and kept crashing safari.

What I did notice is that the old stlye tv listings are still available by clicking the "screen reader version" link at the top of the page.

bookmark http://mysky.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/tvguide/tvlistingsalternate for this version.

I managed to set a couple of programmes to remote record by first logging into My Sky then going to this url.

Whilst it's not very nice to use, at least it works until they release the remote record app we're all waiting for.

Well I guess the only way to encourage Sky to launch an iPhone Remote Record application is to contact them.

Here's the form;

Sky Contact Form

Here's the text of my brief enquiry,

"Good Morning,

The iPhone 3G would seem like the ideal mobile phone to have a Sky Remote Record application what with its touch screen interface, onboard memory, Wi-Fi etc.

Please could you advise when Sky plan to launch Remote Record for the iPhone?

Regards,

XXXX"

I wouldn't really advise an exact copy n' paste of this but just change the odd word / phrase here to your own style and let's get contacting them.

It will assist the chances of them developing the app if they see a demand.

To obtain you viewing card number go to;

SERVICES > SYSTEM SETUP > SYSTEM DETAILS

EDIT: For those that don't know what Remote Record is .... here's more info.

Sky Remote Record

Last edited:
sent also, this woudl be a great addition.

they seem to support a variety of phones so i cant see it being a massive issue to include the iphone......

also a LOAD of people now have one so surely it would be in their interest to do this.

fingers crossed!

Just received the standard corporate balls response.

I'd rather companies didn't bother sending out such emails personally ....

"Dear xxxx

Customer Account Number:xxxx

Thank you for your email regarding the avilability of Sky anytime on the new Apple iphone 3G.

I can confirm that additional handsets will be tested for compatibility in the future. Unfortunately, there is no timescale for any particular handset being added to the compatibility list.

I'm sorry my response could not be more favourable, should you require further information please don't hesitate to contact me at the above email address.

Kind Regards

xxxx
Customer Relations"

_______

Despite this I still think it'd be helpful if other forum members use the forms above to contact Sky. At least then they'll know there is demand.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom