Sky by mobile - remote record

MikeNolan

Novice Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used this new service offered by Sky allowing you to set up recordings via mobile handset. I am interested in the cost of using/downloading the menu system as opposed to sending a text message which costs 25p. Many thanks

Been trying to register for about 3 weeks now.

The lovely lady at sky told me to give it at least another 3,
due to problems!!.

:eek:

Emjel said:
Has anyone used this new service offered by Sky allowing you to set up recordings via mobile handset. I am interested in the cost of using/downloading the menu system as opposed to sending a text message which costs 25p. Many thanks

Do a search of the "Sky" forum where you will find plenty of info/experiences on this.

it works well on my N80

generally to find the program i want to watch in the sky planner and set it record only takes about 16kb of data (it has a built-in counter)

Works fine with me also. Much better having the planner than be charged for the texts as it comes out of my inclusive browsing allowance ! :D

I have it working on my N80 but can't get my Sky+ box to register.

Keeps saying to check my phone line. Unplugged everything bar the Sky box and still get the same message.

Is it possible to reg the box over the phone?

Glad to see that most people are having no problems, but can anyone else confirm the size of the downloaded data info and the prices they have been charged on their phone network. Thanks

where do you get the n80 download - when i try it on my e61, n93 or n73 it says not supported device. is n80 now supported??

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom