Sky By Mobile on K800

T

Tommy Angelo

I've just got a new Sony Ericsson K800i and I want to install Sky by mobile but the link tells me that my phone isn't supported yet.

What's the best version of the software to use on this phone?

I would use the software I used for my W800i but I want the advantages of 3G.

Thanks,

Andrew

Did you find an answer to this? Or could anyone else help? Ta :lease:

I'd like to know this too as I'm still deciding between a K800i and N73. I'd like to use this functionality so want to know whether it works on the K800i.

Okay you also need http://mobile.sky.com/SBM/SonyE_vid/SkyMobile_SonyWithTv.jad

As well as http://mobile.sky.com/SBM/SonyE_vid/...SonyWithTv.jar

Once you download the jad and the jar run the jad file NOT the jar file.

This should set the phone up to communicate properly... but since the phone isn't supported I don't think the jad file installs correctly, the permissions are different but the same error message comes up saying it can't connect.

Might be worth other people playing with these files to see if its just me.

Works fine for me..

just went to the link for the jar file using the browser on the phone.. It installed and worked first time.. No problem with access.. Set up recordings no problem!!

Thanks

Thanks Tommy, that first .jar link worked for me too. Didn't need the jad. On orange. Cheers again!

Hello

I've just got this phone and would love to install Mobile Sky on it.
I've downloaded to the two files that were suggested on my PC but can't seem to transfer them to the phone.

Can't seem to download it through my phone browser for some reason.

Is there any other way to do it? I'm on T-Mobile by the way.

Cheers
Keith

Hi All,

Can someone please post a rough step by step guide for this?

I have the K800i on O2.

I only got the phone yesterday so am not totally familiar with the instaltion of the file onto the phone, any help greatly apreciated.

Had it working fine with on O2 on a Moto razor V3, before but have handed that phone over to the missus.

As I tend to work late this in a valuable tool for me to get working.

Thanks in advance.

Update:

Managed to get the app running on my phone, but now get the following error when trying to connect.

The data connection has failed, please check the network coverage.

all other browser apps work fine?

help please?

There seems to be a problem with the O2 network and Sky by mobile. I had the same problem on my W800i and managed to fix it by using the jad file to install the jar correctly. But this doesnt seem to work on my K800i and I havn't found a solution to the problem yet.

Hello

I've just got this phone and would love to install Mobile Sky on it.
I've downloaded to the two files that were suggested on my PC but can't seem to transfer them to the phone.

Can't seem to download it through my phone browser for some reason.

Is there any other way to do it? I'm on T-Mobile by the way.

Cheers
Keith

Have you installed the phone on the PC? There are two modes, "Phone mode" and "File trasfer mode" Both need different drivers to use but either one can be used to drag these files onto the phone.

You need to direct the driver install to the CD that came with the phone and you need to install the application from the CD.

If you drag the files onto the "other" directory on the phone you can run the jad file to install the application, you may have to play with the permissions settings, under "more" when you highlight the appication after it has been installed but it doesn't seem to work at all on the O2 network.

Hope this helps.

I have no problem getting the software onto my mobile, it is the conection failing that is the issue. i have recived settings from Sky but cannot find the correct menu on the phone to input them.

After a lot of messing it is working fine on my phone now. K800i with O2, monthly contract. But heres the crux i have no idea how i did it??

Brilliant, thanks for the help. All works perfectly.

I moved across the 2 files but only used the .jad file.

I now have no excuse to use my Nokia N70!

Hi I have the same problem, a K800i with an o2 pay monthly account. I can dowload the app, install it etc no problem, but when I get to the log on screen and then get "The data connection has failed,......etc".

I've tried downloading the files and reinstalling as suggested but still can't make it work on my phone.

Has anyone had any further luck in making this work. any suggestions would be much appreciated

Mick

Hi Just managed to get the remote sky plus guide on mu SE K800i to work.

Made the following chanes to the O2 GPRS account.

APN = mobile.o2.co.uk
User Name = web
Password = password
DNS = 193.113.200.200

The application then worked straight away even though the K800i isn't listed as a suitable phone.

Just checked the sky+ box and it even works!!! Fantastic.

The changes do not seem to have effected otehr web operations or the email facilities.

Hope this help all of those getting that "The data signal failed message"

Mick

Hi Just managed to get the remote sky plus guide on mu SE K800i to work.

Made the following chanes to the O2 GPRS account.

APN = mobile.o2.co.uk
User Name = web
Password = password
DNS = 193.113.200.200

The application then worked straight away even though the K800i isn't listed as a suitable phone.

Just checked the sky+ box and it even works!!! Fantastic.

The changes do not seem to have effected otehr web operations or the email facilities.

Hope this help all of those getting that "The data signal failed message"

Mick

This hasn't worked for me, still getting the same message. :(

Hi,

I've been following this thread closely and have finally got mine working by making the following changes.

Settings->Connectivity->Internet Settings->Internet Profiles->(Ensure O2 WAP GPRS is selected)->More->Settings->Connect Using(Select O2 Mobileweb)

This sorted mine out and it now works a treat. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Thanks all for the advice. Hope my bit helps too. :thumbsup:

Hi,

I've been following this thread closely and have finally got mine working by making the following changes.

Settings->Connectivity->Internet Settings->Internet Profiles->(Ensure O2 WAP GPRS is selected)->More->Settings->Connect Using(Select O2 Mobileweb)

Thanks, this worked :D :clap: :clap: :clap:

hi,when i select conect using i dont have the option of mobile web ?

Does anyone know if I can use Sky By Mobile on my N73??

Hi,

Cheers for the help - all sorted now ;o)))

Okay you also need http://mobile.sky.com/SBM/SonyE_vid/SkyMobile_SonyWithTv.jad

As well as http://mobile.sky.com/SBM/SonyE_vid/...SonyWithTv.jar

Once you download the jad and the jar run the jad file NOT the jar file.

This should set the phone up to communicate properly... but since the phone isn't supported I don't think the jad file installs correctly, the permissions are different but the same error message comes up saying it can't connect.

Might be worth other people playing with these files to see if its just me.

You are a STAR Tommy! Just downloaded the .jar file using the browser on my k800i, and the Sky By Mobile worked first time!! I have tested it by setting my Sky+ to record Deal or No Deal later on this afternoon (saddo, I know!). Thanks...

AWESOME
I love you guys I struggled for days with my O2 K800i and got it working thanks to you

Owe you a pint!!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom