1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sky buggered up sky + again

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by explicitlyrics, Oct 31, 2004.

1. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I just got back from a week holiday and sky + has managed to miss 8 out of 10 recordings.....

I am so unimpressed by sky +, I was the main campaigner for getting it and now its missed all their programs....

Do i need a new box?

Chris

2. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,667
    Did it give any reasons for the failed recordings ?

I just got back from a week away and have 14/14 successful , including many dual record :clap:

Must admit , I did wonder before i checked , how many would be missed

3. GGTVBD

GGTVBD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +323
    Are you cursed? :confused:

That's beyond bad luck! Reasons for the failed recordings? No signal?

There's a fault there somewhere.

A. Dork

4. dts borg

dts borg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Same for both my holidays this year Sky+ failed recordings due to no signal :confused: Works fine when I'm here! ;) mmm sometimes

5. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    i presume it was lost signals.... it didnt give a reason. Just shows the recordings as having failed and says they take no space.

An engineer is coming tomorrow after a 20min call to tech support for the 3rd time in less than 2 months. They should reimburse me.... Probably £5 of calls at least....

6. sparkz

sparkz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Know how you feel. Came back after 3 weeks away and found that all recordings after the first week had failed! These were all "series links". The reason was "cancelled"? No other explanation. Loads of disk space.

I've had this many times before but never so many at one time. Had to happen when I was away!

Sky have been useless at solving this so I have just tried to live with it. It just chokes me when I see their ad about never missing a program again though :laugh:

On the whole I prefer the box to the old ways (tape) so I'll stick with it...

7. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    I have got my box upgraded to a V2 now and it is 100% more reliable. Hasnt crashed yet (old one would have at least one crash now) and the menu navigation is super fast compared to the old box. The box does make more noise but Ill survive as im 13-14foot from it! The engineer came to see what was going on, saw the failed recordings in a long line down the planner and replaced the box. First sign of sky being anything other than **** ******* ******* **** ****** *******

8. sparkz

sparkz
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Mine is a V1 - over 3 years old now so it wouldn't be out of the question that it may cause problems now except for the fact that I've had problems since day 1. They never offered me a replacement. Partly due to the fact I expect because they never acknowledged I ever had a problem.

Have been thinking about getting a second box. Although I'm not too sure to go for the standard and upgrade it myself (not too difficult) or buy the 160. I'm not too sure if the amount of saving is worth losing the warranty over. Then again the warranty on my current box never did me any good. How is it that some people get 2 or 3 replacements?

9. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    if you say that youve had the problem since you got it and stuff like that - then write a letter. They really dont have a leg to stand on!

They have just sent us our third (threatening) letter saying connect them to phone lines or you will pay £23 pm extra. The box that doesnt call back is the old box. Apparently it has never called back in 3years!!! They want £60 to replace it!!!! I told them to stuff themselves on the phone and have written a letter. Says that we have had problems since the start and the box is not affecting how we use it, if its not doing what it was supposed to and not bothering us, then its their problem. Fix it or waive the obligation to have them connected to the phone line or we will prosecute.

10. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979

So you are in breach of the T&C's of the multiroom subscription, interesting approach to refuse to pay for something when the additional cost is due to you not meeting your obligations.
    Of course it could be that you were supplied faulty hardware but hard to prove that what is broken now was broken three years ago, lawyers live for such grey areas!
    Written correspondence is always a good idea though when you know exactly where you stand in regards to your responsibilites and commitments and those of the service provider but you look like a fool if you don't:)

11. explicitlyrics

explicitlyrics

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The way I see it, if the box functions to me then I shouldnt have to pay for fixing it when it appears to work perfectly. The box can even use the online services, just it doesnt want to call back. If they say it has never called back since we got it then they didnt set it up right in the first place. If thats the case then im definitely not paying for it!