• Welcome to AVForums running Xenforo 2.2. The upgrade from 2.1 was successful and finished in just 90 minutes, well before 8am. The most notable changes in 2.2 are listed in this post.

Sky Broadband wireless with Mac?

TimGTi

If that is the correct airport card for your Mac then this is all you will need. I use a G4 ibook with the same card connected to Sky broadband and it works a treat!

:thumbsup:

ErnieMoss

Standard Member
Another option (cheaper too!) would be to use one of the various usb wireless adaptors. I have an old g3 iBook and a D-Link DWL-G122 usb adaptor which works like a charm. The only real downside is that you have to deal with an adaptor sticking out of the usb port, but it'll probably save you a good few quid. When I was looking for an airport card for the iBook they were going for £80 odd.

I got a free wireless router and the usb adaptor from my isp (madasafish) when I renewed my contract and have been really happy with it.

HTH

roaster

Novice Member
The original airport base stations (silver flying saucer) have an Apple 802.11b card inside; they can be much cheaper than the card alone. Some third party cards can also work.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom