Sky Broadband & Moving Home

Discussion in 'Sky Broadband' started by davebeef1, Apr 23, 2007.

1. davebeef1

davebeef1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Has anybody ever had the mis fortune to try and move house and hope to transfer Sky broadband with them?

We moved house on the 6th March but the broadband account was suspended on the 27th Feb 07. I was told the close down takes 15 days and then to re-apply after that. So lets assume it take 3 to 4 weeks in total (which seems very long).

Any how I have gone 55 days and still the daft pilchards cannot tell me when I can expect broadband back. I only moved 300 yards away!! Every time I phone Sky it's an excuse of some sort with nobody giving a damn..

Anyone else got any stories or advice?

2. Marky1973

Marky1973

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +311
    I moved house on 21st december with Sky TV, broadband and Talk and it took just over two months to get it all sorted. Unbelievable incompetence from the people answering the phones at the service centre - each one I spoke to told me a separate thing. It boiled down to a 'fault' with the new software systems they were using for transfers.....and the fact that on one day I was told the fault lay with my Sky Talk package and that had to be cancelled.....only to phone back the next day to find out it was a fault with my Talk package being cancelled and that had to be reinstated!!! Promised calls back were never made and the number of times I was cut off was ridiculous.....

To cut a long story short it involved about 4 hours of phone calls.....several emails to the customer service email on the Sky website and a formal letter to sky to get it sorted.......it was a pain, but persistence paid off and we eventually got it all up and running again.....even if the installer turned up at 5pm on a Saturday evening in a van that he couldn't open to get aerial out of!

Just keep pushing and complaining and they will get there eventually.....and I did get all the subscription fees refunded plus a couple of months extra free.....I did try for an HD box, but they were having none of it! :D