• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Sky broadband . . i can get wifi but not wired password

CraigofScotland

Distinguished Member
Hi AVF,

Story goes, my gfx card blew up so i had to reinstall and format due to a virus . .

First thing i want to do on vista64 is to connect to net to get new gfx drivers . .

Connected router directly to my pc but i cant get online as i dont know my username and password . . i know my SSID, network key and channel but these arnt working as i think the hardwire un and pw are different.

I have tried Admin, sky, password and 1234 in many combinations.

help me plese, i need this sorted for work :lease:

graystreet

If you mean you're connecting to the router directly via an ethernet cable you won't need a password. The router does all of the authentication for you, all you need to do is plug the cable into your router and the ethernet port on your pc.

It may be worth checking the ethernet card has the correct drivers and is enabled if you can't connect.

EndlessWaves

Distinguished Member
If you mean you're connecting to the router directly via an ethernet cable you won't need a password. The router does all of the authentication for you, all you need to do is plug the cable into your router and the ethernet port on your pc.

It may be worth checking the ethernet card has the correct drivers and is enabled if you can't connect.

He's talking about the ADSL password.

Check the documentation you got when you signed up, it should be in there.

pix1985

He's talking about the ADSL password.

Check the documentation you got when you signed up, it should be in there.

Why would he need the ADSL password though, he said he's formatted his computer, not restored his router. If the router was working before the format, then there should be no reason to enter it after as it will just connect on the LAN.

graystreet said:
The router does all of the authentication for you

Most likely is that you haven't changed it to a private network connection in your network and security centre in Vista, which is why it's not letting you onto the net.

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom