1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SKY Branded 27" LCD TV

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Slick23, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Slick23

Slick23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Can anyone please advise on the quality of the 27" LCD TV that Sky offer in their magazine. It looks a good price at £1299 which includes a home cinema system but would appreciate comments.

Thanks

2. Flashman

Flashman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    But you can get a 32" brand name LCD for the same money? Why buy Sky's model which is an unknown quantity........

3. Slick23

Slick23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply. You certainly make a fair comment I was not sure who actually made the Sky branded harware and didn't know if it was a good buy or not.
    I am actually waiting for stock of a Toshiba 36ZP48 which is a bit of a beast hence the reason for possibly changing to an LCD. What's your thoughts?

4. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    How much is the Tosh CRT?

I wold personally have a look at the LCD if it is within the same price range. I looked at LCD a year ago, and didn't like them much, so bought a plasma instead.

The improvement in the last year has been amazing - I have just bought a Toshiba (26") for the bedroom.

Of course, the LCD won't match the CRT for picture, but will be streets ahead size-wise, and aesthetically.

5. Slick23

Slick23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Toshiba is between £1150 to £1400 depending where you buy it which is a similar prce to a mid range 27" LCD. Granted the LCD is a better size and looks the part but I am swayed towards the CRT from the reviews I have read. Unfortunately I am going to have to wait a while as it never seems to be in stock anywhere.

6. ianeby

ianeby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    After quite a bit of research it is a Toshiba!

The new model on the website now has an integral DVD which may suit some for convenience.

It looks like the 26WL46B based on specs I got and is now only 1099 pounds!

7. daveb975

daveb975

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +257
    Just got the 26WL46 and it is a good set - buy the Toshiba one and it is £100 less than the Sky one, though!