Sky+ Brand New v1 box - £99.99

Tesla

Established Member
Reaction score
This morning i was sorting through the tickets needed to be put out on display at work (Comet) and noticed the price of the v1 sky+ box has dropped to £99.99

I'm not sure of the store i work in stock level but I would imagine that this is a national price.

Any more details dont hesitate to ask.

The version 1 box hasn't been produced for over a year, bargin though if they are new but have been lost in the warehouse for so long:)
I'm sure there are a few people out there wouldn't mind buying at that price and doing the SDI modification.

if this is true I'm amazed...... I was looking for a V1 box (I found one now) and everyone I tried told me they were all gone sometime ago.

If you find this is true for sure, could you send me a pm as to where I can get one since this would be preferrable to the box I have sourced.

Many thanks

ad

I will check out our stock today and the local surrounding stores.

Will update around 6-7pm tonight.

Thanks very much, I appreciate it :)

ad

In the warehouse there are several unboxed sky boxes i know these sale for £50 each but we dont advertise them or anything.

We definately have the display model v1 sky+ box but that would of had extensive use and is in a pretty grubby condition.

I didn't get the chance to look through the bubble-wrapped digi boxes today for any sky+ boxes. I will do asap and get back to you.

We dont have any new, boxed stock though :(

Chris

Hi there again,

Im not sure if my ebay box is going to happen..... seller isnt being very responsive and if he doesnt get back to me within about 36 hours, the deal cant happen.

So considering the worst case, im looking for alternatives. Did you get a chance to see if you have any V1 sky+ boxes? It doesnt really matter about the box so long as they are in reasonably good condition.

Let me know

many thanks

ad

Originally posted by Tesla
This morning i was sorting through the tickets needed to be put out on display at work (Comet) and noticed the price of the v1 sky+ box has dropped to £99.99

Is this tied in with any Sky deal or is it yours to own at £99.99 ?

I'd have a bubble wraped box for £50 failing that boxed for £99 sounds good to me as well. Send me a PM if you have any more details.

Thanks

Originally posted by scooby do
I'd have a bubble wraped box for £50 failing that boxed for £99 sounds good to me as well. Send me a PM if you have any more details.
Thanks

I also would go for one or the other in the same order of preference ;)

Hi guys. As you could probably understand it has been a pretty busy weekend at work. I did however manage to have a quick look through the 8 or so boxes.

Right,

The v1 for £99 is the display model. No other models. Cosmetically the box is pretty grubby and i would imagine they would be reluctant to sale this as it's used for piping sky around the store.

The £50 bubble-wrapped STB are not all Sky boxes. They are a few on-digital/itv digital boxes too. So anybody wanting freeview then this could be better. There was definately a pioneer box and i think a philips too.

There was about 4 sky boxes and were all Panasonic! I know that Panasonic did make a couple of cracking boxes, the model numbers are written on the outside of the bubble wrap but mean nothing to me as I dont know the model number of the good panasonic.

If you get back to me with the good model number(s) then i will look if we have that one.

There is no real rush as I dont think many of the sales guys realise that these can be sold as sundry stock for £50. I am pretty sure no warranty is included with the box and on quick inspection no remote either. Just box and plug.

As you can see I'm in Bristol.

Hi

Well Panasonic made several boxes

The TU-DSB 20 - is the origianl (5years old) and is black

The TU-DSB 30 - Silver black section in the middle - supposidly has the best tunner for spain,

The TU-DSB 31, 40, 45 are all identidical, apparently they are slightly faster as the numbers increase

The TU-DSB 50 is the latest model, like this years, Its very slim silver with a black bit running through the middle, simular to my panasonic dvd player, it most likely matches.

I hope this is help.

Item offered for sale removed.Any items for sale on the board must be in the classified forum - lynx

hi chillpill,

Would this come with a ftv card and be able to view itv,ch4 &ch5.

cheers

Mel

No sorry, i really need to use this card in another box, if i were to sell you the card i would need more to go buy a freeview box,

If you would make me an offer PM me.

Originally posted by chilpillphil3

If you would make me an offer PM me.

I've already edited one of your posts in this thread regarding selling kit :rtfm:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom